Are Tier benefits back?

andychris

4 hours ago, andychris said:

I’ve been hearing that “wine tasting around the world” has been coming back on some ships. Wonder if the “ behind the scene tour” will come back soon. 

Just got off of the Star Monday and neither of those were available.  They gave us $50 OBC instead.

On 7/26/2022 at 11:49 PM, The Shrike said:

Just got off of the Star Monday and neither of those were available.  They gave us $50 OBC instead.

We are on the Star now. I asked and wasn't offered any OBC.  Who did you ask?

5 hours ago, cassie55 said:

We are on the Star now. I asked and wasn't offered any OBC.  Who did you ask?

I didn't specifically ask for OBC.  I went to the Latitudes desk and asked about the behind the scenes tour and WATW.  The lady working the desk said they're not available, took my name and cabin#, and said that to make up for not offering them they're giving us $50 OBC which I should see as available the next day.

Was on the Joy July 10th. We are both sapphire. Went to the future cruise desk and mentioned to the Manager, no behind the scenes tour and no dinner with officers. Asked for OBC and was told the last  week was the last time and the OBC had been discontinued fleet wide by corporate. He started to say something about wines around the world had taken place on day 1 and we walked away before he could finish. We told our Haven concierge about our dissatisfaction and he inquired on our behalf. He told us the Manager called corporate and the OBC was discontinued.        Doesn't sound fleetwide to me. Not surprising.

On 7/28/2022 at 2:38 PM, The Shrike said:

I didn't specifically ask for OBC.  I went to the Latitudes desk and asked about the behind the scenes tour and WATW.  The lady working the desk said they're not available, took my name and cabin#, and said that to make up for not offering them they're giving us $50 OBC which I should see as available the next day.

I went back to the Latitudes desk last night when I saw someone different there. Asked about the tour plus WATW (again). She immediately offered us the $50.  I'm quite annoyed the first person fobbed us off but we have it now.

• Like 2

Just off the Breakaway today and we are Sapphire level.  We asked about Wines around the World and they handed us an invitation.  It a nice function....not too many people attending, but the wines were very good (for us 🤣) and we learned some new info on the various selections.  It was a nice addition or perk for us.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...
On 7/1/2022 at 9:36 PM, YVRteacher said:

You will be given either $25 or $50 OBC (depending on your latitudes level) in lieu of those benefits.  

In my experience:

May 2022:  Platinum, neither behind the scenes tour nor wine tasking occured.  My wife and I each received $25 OBC.

Aug 2022:  Platinum, the wine tasting was on, but the tour was not.  No OBC.

Jade 4 cruises  November & December.

NO Dining with Officers.  No Ship Tour.   Yes Wine Swilling, you couldn't call it a Wine TASTING (we tried tow, no difference).   Yes Mixology Experience, not an EXPERIENCE we intend to repeat (Went once, once too many!!)

And NO no OBC.

We did get a bottle of wine at the first Latitudes Cocktail Party as the most days on NCL.   The "Boss" changed and no one got one on the later cruises.

@CruisingGator96

Nothing really "special", where it is held depends on the ship but is usually in one of the MDRs.    The usual menu with, maybe, a special meal available.   Plenty of free wine (a little less of a draw now that so many people have the package).   Nice way to meet some of the officers, often ones you will never come across: the doctor, chief security officer and so on.

14 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@CruisingGator96

Nothing really "special", where it is held depends on the ship but is usually in one of the MDRs.    The usual menu with, maybe, a special meal available.   Plenty of free wine (a little less of a draw now that so many people have the package).   Nice way to meet some of the officers, often ones you will never come across: the doctor, chief security officer and so on.

Thanks. I always wondered what was so appealing. I know some folks really care about what officers are on the ship.