Jungle Breeze Zipline

beaver24

I was wondering if anyone had gone on this with Charlie Soto. I am going there on the liberty on March 22 and I have some hesitations about ziplining. How is the equipment as far as quality and condition, I'm not afraid of heights or anything, but I assume there aren't strict inspection standrds over there as there are in the states. Does anyone have any insight to ease my mind.

Chris

We went with Charlie Soto to the zipline last November and had a terrific time. As far as safety, Brisas is extremely safety oriented. You will always be connected to a safety line for the entire experience. A safety line is never disconnected unless another one has been connected first. They give you a briefing on the entire process before you start. The staff is also very friendly and helpful along the way. If you would like to see the Brisas zipline in action look at Charlie's website and click on the Gallery for pictures www.okeydokeytours.com . I know you will have a great time and you should not have any concerns about the safety. WE had a blast.

My husband and I did the zipline, canal tour and banana plantation tour with Charley Zoto $40 for zip, and $49 for rest of tour. We had Gabby as a tour guide. Zipline was very safe. You are always secured to a line on the platforms and everything was safe. We are in our 50's and had a blast.

So there is a safety line hooked up in addition the the harness. I didn't look like it. That'll put my wife at ease. Now I can't wait. I have emailed charlie back and forth and he seems genuinley nice and I look forward to going. So my wife has nothing to worry about for the most part.

• 1 month later...
For those that have done the zipline - how many platforms are there? How high and how long are the ziplines? Thanks

We took Charlie Soto's tour last November and had a wonderful time exploring Costa Rica and especially the Brisas zipline. There are 13 platforms so I guess there are 12 lines. The heights vary from a few feet (at the start) to around 80 feet. The length of the lines also vary. The first 2 are shorter and you can see the next platform but after that the lines are longer and you cannot see the platform. Don't let this be a problem because we had several people that were afraid of heights and they love it. Once you are zipping, you don't even notice the height or the length, just the sheer excitement. If you would like to see some pictures of our group on the zipline look here http://www.nanada.com/panamaniacs/cruisepix.htm . Have Fun.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info Weliketogo. Do you know if you can only do the zipline with Charley or do you have to do the complete tour that others have talked about? Thanks

Hi coo359a2,

I am not sure about that, I know Charlie will customize tours so I would imagine that a tour to the Brisas Zipline only could be arranged. I would suggest that you communicate with Charlie at okeydokeytours@hotmail.com or through his website at www.okeydokeytours.com . He will respond quickly and I believe he will work out whatever you want to do. Have Fun (I know you will).

Thanks Weliketogo--

I will contact Charlie about his tour. If you are ever in Puerto Vallarta, you should try the Los Veranos zipline tour. It was so much fun and the zips go over the most beautiful country you can imagine.

Archived