Cabin and Airport/Port Questions ...

Debz62

It will be our first time cruising with NCL and first fall in Canada/New England ever. We're cruising toward the end of September. My questions are, is a balcony room important, will we see anything that justifies the cost of a balcony cabin? Which airport in New York is closest to the cruise port? I'm not sure if we should fly into LaGuardia or JFK. Thank you for helping with these questions. 

40 minutes ago, Debz62 said:

It will be our first time cruising with NCL and first fall in Canada/New England ever. We're cruising toward the end of September. My questions are, is a balcony room important, will we see anything that justifies the cost of a balcony cabin? Which airport in New York is closest to the cruise port? I'm not sure if we should fly into LaGuardia or JFK. Thank you for helping with these questions. 

If I'm correctly interpreting that your question about balcony cabins has nothing to do with NCL ships per se but rather whether it's worth the additional cost for purposes of viewing scenery then the answer is no, because wherever there's something worth seeing you can just go to an open deck to get a view. if you have any questions about the NCL ships then you should post them on the NCL board.

As far as airports are concerned you can fly into any of the three airports that serve NY City, EWR, LGA or JFK. Make your choice based on cost and schedule. LGA is the closest and ground transportation costs to the cruise terminal will generally be the cheapest. EWR is next closest and JFK the furthest away, but ground transportation costs from EWR to the cruise terminal will usually be higher than from JFK because of tolls to cross the Hudson River from New Jersey to New York. 

If you have any questions about the details you should post them on the East Coast Departures board.