PCR/antigen test in Barcelona!

Dalizk

On 7/3/2022 at 2:51 AM, Dalizk said:

Where can we get PCR/antigen tests in Barcelona before the cruise date? We will be there a few days before embarkation day.

I took my antigen test a month ago at this pharmacy:

Farmàcia Torres, Carrer d'Aribau, 62, 08011 Barcelona, Spain. Online booking, 10 min wait for the results, electronic copy (can also be printed rhy away on request), 18 euro.

https://farmaciaabiertatorres24h.setmore.com/

P.S. Four blocks away from the pharmacy you may find fantastic Paco Meralgo restaurant, Catalan food, Michelin recommended!

On 7/4/2022 at 9:04 PM, cantgetin said:

I've also read that VV is now charging for tests at the port.  I believe it is on the VV web site under the wellness section.  https://www.virginvoyages.com/voyage-well#europe-health-wellness-todo  THe VV web site says testing at the terminal in Barcelona is $43 USD.

It does. However, you skipped the most important part. The website states they will provide the test free of charge and will contact you prior to departure with details. It is a proctored test you do online via webcam. This is for Barcelona only. Out of Miami, sailors must procure their own test. 

The need for testing may soon end from BCN anyway. 

On 7/5/2022 at 2:06 PM, andrcan said:

I took my antigen test a month ago at this pharmacy:

Farmàcia Torres, Carrer d'Aribau, 62, 08011 Barcelona, Spain. Online booking, 10 min wait for the results, electronic copy (can also be printed rhy away on request), 18 euro.

https://farmaciaabiertatorres24h.setmore.com/

P.S. Four blocks away from the pharmacy you may find fantastic Paco Meralgo restaurant, Catalan food, Michelin recommended!

Did VV not contact you prior to departure to help you arrange the pre-cruise proctored test they cover the cost of? 

I just spoke to VV as I’m sailing on the 7th of August for the Irresistible Med cruise. They said they would have sent me an email on time for me to book the test, but have kindly given me a code to book it myself. You’ll get a parcel with tests, which you can then take whenever convenient for you. You need to download an app but you are supposed to get the results asap without having to book an appointment. Given we will travel to Barcelona a few days in advance this is quite helpful.

On another note, happy to meet some people on the same cruise as me, feel free to reply to this post 🙂

16 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

Did VV not contact you prior to departure to help you arrange the pre-cruise proctored test they cover the cost of? 

It was another cruise line I travelled with.

On 7/10/2022 at 11:17 AM, chrischris_2202 said:

I just spoke to VV as I’m sailing on the 7th of August for the Irresistible Med cruise. They said they would have sent me an email on time for me to book the test, but have kindly given me a code to book it myself. You’ll get a parcel with tests, which you can then take whenever convenient for you. You need to download an app but you are supposed to get the results asap without having to book an appointment. Given we will travel to Barcelona a few days in advance this is quite helpful.

On another note, happy to meet some people on the same cruise as me, feel free to reply to this post 🙂

Good to know - also sailing on Irresistible Med - but not till Sept - please give us an update - particularly interested in excursions.  Have a fabulous trip

On 7/10/2022 at 3:17 AM, chrischris_2202 said:

How were you able to get through? I’ve tried calling and waited on hold my entire lunch hour before I had to hang up. I’ve tried the chat and they are never available. I wanted to book flights through VV but could never get through. We are sailing 8/21-8/28 out of BCN and I would rather test before I leave home than get on an airplane for 10 hour flight and then test.

6 hours ago, Gonzowifey said:

How were you able to get through? I’ve tried calling and waited on hold my entire lunch hour before I had to hang up. I’ve tried the chat and they are never available. I wanted to book flights through VV but could never get through. We are sailing 8/21-8/28 out of BCN and I would rather test before I leave home than get on an airplane for 10 hour flight and then test.

Phoning from the UK I've got through very quickly when calling in the mornings (GMT)

I'm guessing volume of calls from UK less than USA?

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gonzowifey said:

The phone lines open at 8am ET on weekdays and 9am ET on weekends.  Call as early as you can.  I had luck calling around 9am last Friday and got a callback within 10 minutes.  I'd been expecting to wait for hours for a callback.

• Thanks 1