Anyone on Infinity W/B 2 July 2022

gordylad

We'll be on this Sat. July 9 for a B2B, so also July 16.  I'm hoping that the A/C issues and gas smell issues have been resolved.  Hopefully someone will report from onboard this week.  We'll be in an ocean view near the front desk.

Edited by 12cruise2

Yes, I’m looking forward to hearing how the rooms are, in terms of new soft goods (carpet, bedding, draperies.).  Am considering an Oct. 23 sailing in Europe, but would like to see at least some updates to the rooms before committing.  

Someone just posted in the other thread Infinity Sails Again June 25--"IslandFamilyTime" is poster:

"My sister and her husband boarded yesterday after booking the cruise earlier this week.  Only had Oceanview window available and were really worried about the A/C issue.  

I spoke with her today while they were in Key West and she said everything has been wonderful.  She went to guest services directly upon boarding to ask if she could pay to upgrade to a balcony. They did not have any available but took her info.  Also told her that A/C was a real problem last week but an independent company had boarded when they docked in FLL yesterday and worked on it all day.  

Around 6, she got a call from same woman at guest services saying they had a concierge level balcony available and to please stay in room for a little bit. Within 30 minutes,  that woman showed up with new keys, housekeeping to help carry their bags and moved them to their new balcony room.  Best part, no additional cost!

Sister and husband said the Oceanview's room temperature was cool and the balcony is slightly warmer but still comfortable (and my sister runs hot). They said all the linens look newer and were told the carpet throughout main parts of ship are new.

They are used to mega ships (with their 6 and 9 yr old kids). Went in with lower expectations because of the older boat but said the staff and food have been great! They're keeping a positive attitude because their main goal this week is to just enjoy mom and dad time and some peace and quiet while I have the kids 😀  

Hopefully this helps alleviate any nerves for cruisers traveling on Infinity soon!"

Thank you so much for posting the above video.  Wish I would have known about these cabins.  We're brand new to Celebrity and will have our second cruise B2B on Infinity as we prefer the smaller ships.  Of course I should have asked y'all on cruise critic which were the best ocean view cabins--I know better!

We are on the Infinity and have one of the cabins mentioned in the video. Two questions:

1. We are a group of 3 with a need for queen and a single. Where does the single bed appear? Is it a sofa bed? 

2. We liked your post so much we are thinking of canceling our move up bid for a verandah. Do you agree? How do you do so on the website? Can't find a tab to do so on the website?  

Thanks!!