Specialty Resturants

nycruiser1975

Can anyone tell me about the food in the specialty resturants? Shogun is Asain food, what type of asian food is it just sushi, can I get the normal lo mein (sorry spelling) and all the other stuff. Some one please give me a brief description of what I can get at these resturants? Thank you:confused:

Can anyone tell me about the food in the specialty resturants? Shogun is Asain food, what type of asian food is it just sushi, can I get the normal lo mein (sorry spelling) and all the other stuff. Some one please give me a brief description of what I can get at these resturants? Thank you

Hmmm, all the restaurants or just Shogun? Well Shogun is Asian food. There is an ala carte sushi bar, a Teppanyaki table for set charges and then a regular dining area serving Asian food. Unfortunately I did not eat in the "regular" dining area, only Teppanyaki. There was a large selection of dishes there.

Cagneys - a steakhouse. Serves all sorts of meat dishes including filet minion, t-bone, NY Striploin, salmon, pork and other dishes. VERY good restaurant. Of course they serve lots of sides and appetizers.

LeBistro - The French restaurant serves things like surf and turf, filets, FireStar, escargots, and the to die for chocolate fondue. The difference in the meat dishes is the preparation/receipe.

I did not go to LaTrattoria but I understand it is an Italian restaurant with no cover charge though reservations are necessary.

~Intrepid

I ate at Tepanyaki: Is like a Benihana where they prepare that food at the table. The food was good and prepared well. My family eats alot at a local similar style restaurant and prefer the one at home but as I said, the food was good. DD was not feeling too well at that dinner (too much salt water and sun that afternoon-swam with the dolphins)

Cagneys: As previously said, the food was delicious and had all of my favorite sides available, including Bernaise sauce, fried onion rings, spinach, asparagus, potatoes of all kinds. Very recommended.

La Trattoria: People that I met on the ship thought it was very good so I took DD the last night. It was OK but I felt like I was eating in a pizzeria. I had the chicken parmigan and once again, "Can't go wrong with the Caesar salad". So, if you see that there is nothing in the main dining room that you want to eat--try to go there.;)

To nycruiser1975, I was on the 2/9/06 sailing of the Spirit and dined in several of the specialty restaurants: Le Bistro, Teppanyaki, Cagney's and La Trattoria.

Le Bistro was wonderful (as it was on my cruises on the Dawn and Star) - the filet mignon was prepared perfectly and was incredibly tender. The mushroom soup was very good. And the chocolate fondue was scrumptious.

Teppanyaki was very good - I had the Taipan combination, which is filet mignon and jumbo shrimp. The chef's preparation show was not particularly fun (as it was on the Dawn and Star). The fried rice was very good, the miso soup was good, the salad was okay. Didn't have dessert (choice of coconut ice cream, green tea ice cream, or fresh fruit). My only disappointment was that they serve you only two shrimp now, versus three on the Dawn and Star.

Teppanyaki is one of three sections to the Shogun restaurant - there is a regular, sit-down restaurant that serves a variety of Asian dishes. I'm almost certain that you'll find a lo mein or some sort there, along with a few Japanese dishes, and a few Thai dishes. There's also the sushi bar section in Shogun.

Cagney's was excellent. I had the surf and turf, which costs a few dollars more than the regular surcharge. Again, the filet mignon was excellent and the half-lobster was good. The Cagney's menu offers an extensive variety of side dishes and you can pick and choose to your heart's content. If what you order doesn't all fit on your plate, they will serve the extras on a plate in the middle of the table - a plate that's designed to hold several different side dishes, each in its own compartment.

La Trattoria was good. I wasn't blown away but I did enjoy my lasagna and my niece enjoyed her angel hair pasta with meatballs. The ambiance is not great since it's a partitioned section of Raffles buffet, but they make it presentable (tablecloths overlaid with a banner of Italian flag colors, candle, cloth napkins) and the service was quite good.

Hope this helps.

Archived