Enchantment of the Seas 2/23/2006

hdlenz

Just wondering if there are any fellow Enchantment passengers from the 4-day, February 23rd sailing. I am looking for some other experiences on the last night of the cruise with the storm we hit. It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had on a cruise ship. Our cabin was on the 8th floor and we saw the ocean crashing above our balcony.

Anybody else out there still queasy?

Oh, you should be fine. I think we sailed into a storm coming back into Fort Lauderdale. This was our 2nd cruise on this ship. It was wonderful, from beginning to end. Royal Caribbean can't control the weather, it was just a scary experience to wake up in the middle of the night with the sea so rough.

The ships generally bookit back to the home port the last night. If you have sailed on Voyager glass you rarely feel the ship move or at least I did not. I was on this sialing and I loved the motion. I have felt much more on other ships. It may have been a bit bumpy but I slept through it. I like to feel the ship move when I am on it. I had an inside cabin 3573

Lexi

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p5961321&posted1#post5961321

yeah we were moving on the last night ( booking it ;) as lexi said)

however i've had much worse, on the last night of my imagination cruise the stabalize broke on one side of the ship and they had to shut down the other one so that the ship did not lean (???) and we were going over 15ft rollers. THAT was one crazy night, they were handing out sea-sick stuff for free. Now i never get seasick being a major boaters that i am ;) but even that pushed my limits...felt like you were going up for ever and then your stomach would go into your throat and you would feel like you were dropping for ever.

...well back to reality, the ship was awsome and i don't know if i could have picked one any better, i'm sure i'll see it again someday...:cool:

It was a little more than "booking it" back to port. We were on the 8th deck, in a balcony room and we watched the waves crash over our balcony!!!! The wind was so strong and so loud. All of our drawers were opening and closing, items in our bathroom fell from the counter and rolled around the floor all night. The next morning our deck was covered in salt. It was all over the windows and all over the balcony. The Concierge Club had broken glasses and dishes all over the floor. Maybe it was because we were three cabins from the front, but there are other postings on this board about how rough it was and the damage that was done in the shops.

We have been on 12 cruises, including the Explorer last year. This was definitely a bad night at sea. Our cabin attendant told us he didn't sleep a wink at all that night.

I am not complaining, it was totally a Mother Nature thing, I was just looking for other people's experience that night. Sounds like inside cabin, back of the ship, was the place to be.........

It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had on a cruise ship.

My uncle Dave and his wife were on this cruise, and it was their FIRST ever. I read this, and immediately called my father to ask if he'd talked to them...telling him about this post.

"Doesn't sound like the ship WE were on", they said. They had a fabulous time, and although they said it was a little rough from the storm the last night, it didn't bother them one bit. All they did was rave about what a fantastic time they had. Maggie is prone to motion sickness too, and had zero problems.

It's amazing how different people's experiences can be, isn't it??!!! Maybe some sleep more soundly than others or something.

Tracy

Archived