Romance on the Conquest

texas greeneyes

I sailed on the Conquest this past November with my six sisters and absolutely loved it. We had a blast!

I have now booked the Conquest again, for October of this year. I am so excited that this time I will be sailing with my husband of 25 years! :D

I would like to hear advice, suggestions, and past experiences from fellow CC'ers regarding romance on the Conquest. Special activities you have found to be romantic, areas of the ship that are conducive to romance, excursions that are good for couples, etc.

CC members always come through...I can't wait to hear your ideas and responses! Thanks in advance! :)

Get a balcony, on the 6th deck go all the way forward to look at stars:rolleyes: , The Point - table for 2. if you go out the doors on Deck 3 it's usually quiet and private. I've never done this but I hear the Funnel Deck is great for quiet times. Have fun!!!

re-new your vows on board (25th anniversary), and treat it like a second honeymoon. We did 7 years ago on the Elation. Got on board early, had the ceremony, cake and champagne, and then went in search for those fun places on the ship. Very romantic trip. We both got into the planning of the ceremony, wrote some great vows that were relevant to where we were in our lives.

re-new your vows on board (25th anniversary), and treat it like a second honeymoon. We did 7 years ago on the Elation. Got on board early, had the ceremony, cake and champagne, and then went in search for those fun places on the ship. Very romantic trip. We both got into the planning of the ceremony, wrote some great vows that were relevant to where we were in our lives.

My DH and I will be celebrating our 20th on Glory in August. I thought about renewing vows but it seemed expensive. Can you tell me how much you paid and maybe anything special you did. I would like to surprise DH with a few things and any help would be appreciated.

I am not inquiring about places to have sex! :eek: :rolleyes:

We'll come up with our own ideas for that...:p

I am looking for romantic suggestions, ideas, places, and experiences, on the ship or onshore. Just to clarify. ;)

IMHO, romance cannot be planned. You can plan the opportunity for it, but not the romance itself. I would go, have fun, and let the romance take care of itself.

IMHO, romance cannot be planned. You can plan the opportunity for it, but not the romance itself. I would go, have fun, and let the romance take care of itself.

I don't know about that...I have been married 20 years have two teenagers that live at home ( and wouldn't change that) and a DH that travels a great deal, and I definitely have to plan romance! lol

Kim

Hi Kim,

I have to agree that the romance will take care of itself. If you have the kids at home, well, they won;t be on the ship with you so you'll be totally free to be "spontanious". My DH and I took walks along the decks and just stopped here and there when we felt like it. There are several types of lounges, check them out as one may suite your personal type better. You could always work out a special little somethng with your room steward or one of the waiters, or the bartender. I do believe tho that romance is what we make of it, it comes from inside. Have a wonderful, romantic cruise and enjoy every moment with your loved one!!!!

Archived