VIBE - Going to Pre-Cruise Booking (No More Running)

3 hours ago, StarTX said:

The first 2 on our roll call and doing vibe—lol great minds think alike!!!

Seems like this will be a quiet sailing. We only have 6 or 7 people on our FB group as well. That’s ok, the quieter the ship, the more attention we’ll have from the crew, lol. Welcome aboard cruise mate!

First time on NCL, and we will be on Prima in April 2023 (to Bermuda from NYC). Our last cruise was in Celebrity's Retreat, and we really enjoyed the quieter, more-exclusive sun deck. I'm assuming this is similar to that, and at less than CAD$600 for two, it seems like a good add-on to our Balcony stateroom.

I was able to book it through the website just now.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kenlorz said:

Seems like this will be a quiet sailing. We only have 6 or 7 people on our FB group as well. That’s ok, the quieter the ship, the more attention we’ll have from the crew, lol. Welcome aboard cruise mate!

I was a little worried about us hitting spring break but it looks like this was the best week as there were minimal schools off.  Am ready for lounging and cocktailing!

• Like 2

According to the posted chart, my upcoming 10-night Greek Isles cruise on Escape in August should only cost $249/pp.

When I try to book it, NCL is trying to charge me $538/pp. They are charging $269/per 7 days, and then another full $269 for the additional 3 days? Hopefully it’s a website glitch?

It’s silly to have to call them on the phone for every little thing when they are soooo short staffed! Who wants to wait on hold for an hour+ for something that could be taking care of in 3 minutes online if they could get their website to work properly?!

E2ACDF43-9FAA-45F1-86C1-04705E9D071A.jpeg

9 hours ago, gabbygal99 said:

According to the posted chart, my upcoming 10-night Greek Isles cruise on Escape in August should only cost $249/pp.

When I try to book it, NCL is trying to charge me $538/pp. They are charging $269/per 7 days, and then another full $269 for the additional 3 days? Hopefully it’s a website glitch?

It’s silly to have to call them on the phone for every little thing when they are soooo short staffed! Who wants to wait on hold for an hour+ for something that could be taking care of in 3 minutes online if they could get their website to work properly?!

E2ACDF43-9FAA-45F1-86C1-04705E9D071A.jpeg

As much as I sympathize with you, this is what happens when items or policies change with NCL.  I can remember the complete nightmare when Covid started to cancel cruises.  It was awful.  On the bright side, especially on a great vacation like you are going on.  You don't have to make the mad dash.  That is the best part.  

Enjoy your trip and I hope this all works out for you folks.  

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 2

Thanks to this thread I learned that you can pre-book the Vibe simply by calling, even before it goes on sale on the website. Managed to snag a pass for the whole cruise, Bliss 25 feb  Panama canal, a sailing which appears to be filling up real fast. 
Love that I won't have to worry about being first on board, thanks folks!

• Like 3

I was able to get for my cruise on Joy next month! I usually do the spa pass bc I tend to cruise in the winter and the Joy doesn't have that type of Thermal spa.  What are the hours of the vibe?  I know there isn't as much of an issue about getting a chair but I (and my pale skin) definitely would like to be under an umbrella (wind allowing).  Any advice?

I’m going on the Prima on September 13 and 23 cruises. I bought the Vibe for the September 23 cruise. I bought on board credit  more than a year ago. I’m going to wait until I get on the ship to either get the Vibe or the Spa with my OBC for the September 13 cruise. The Vibe will probably be sold out. I want to be Pampered and Waited on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, queenschick9b said:

I was able to get for my cruise on Joy next month! I usually do the spa pass bc I tend to cruise in the winter and the Joy doesn't have that type of Thermal spa.  What are the hours of the vibe?  I know there isn't as much of an issue about getting a chair but I (and my pale skin) definitely would like to be under an umbrella (wind allowing).  Any advice?

I cannot remember the times.  I can remember that I NEVER, EVER had an issue getting an umbrella.  The key to the Joy Vibe is it is literally double the size of other Vibes.  You will love it.  Tell the manager that "Gary" (The Gary Beach Club) said hello.  LOL, I made myself know when I was there.  Have a great time.

2 hours ago, rscales2 said:

I’m going on the Prima on September 13 and 23 cruises. I bought the Vibe for the September 23 cruise. I bought on board credit  more than a year ago. I’m going to wait until I get on the ship to either get the Vibe or the Spa with my OBC for the September 13 cruise. The Vibe will probably be sold out. I want to be Pampered and Waited on.

Why wait.  Book it now.  Cancel if you don't want it.  Just a strategy.

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

Why wait.  Book it now.  Cancel if you don't want it.  Just a strategy.

Lack of money and I just pay for back to back cruise on the Epic.

Edited by rscales2

11 minutes ago, rscales2 said:

That is fare and I meant no offense when suggesting it.  The key is if you call, you don't have to pay until your final amount is due.  At that time, we no money on the line, you can choose to keep or delete.  Also by that time, the Vibe will be sold out.  My suggestion was simply a strategy to give you the best possible outcomes to make your trip the best it could be.  

As a side note, when all the cancellations were happening, I used to book cruises knowing the one I was on would be cancelled.  This came true several time.  If I had not pre-booked the future cruises, I would have both paid more and never would have ended up with the suite that I had.  Not the same thing but the use of strategy to get the best situation for my family and I.  

You really can not go wrong with the Thermal Suite or the Vibe.  Either way, you have a great plan.

Cruise well and enjoy every minute. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rscales2 said:

I wasn’t chastising you . The final payment  time had already occur. I’m a Diamond this is the first cruise I’m looking forward to just being on the ship than the destination .

@rscales2You are going to have a GREAT time.  As a Diamond, you know your way around NCL.  Much better then me for sure.  Just take it all in and enjoy the cruise.  I know you were not chastising me.  I was just trying to be helpful.  All that matters we all have the time of our lives.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, queenschick9b said:

I think its from 07:00 to 23:00(7am to 11pm). That's what the website says atleast. As far as an umbrella goes, i'm not sure how that works, but you can always try asking a friendly crewmember ^^

Edited by HenkNetherlands
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HenkNetherlands said:

I think its from 07:00 to 23:00(7am to 11pm). That's what the website says atleast. As far as an umbrella goes, i'm not sure how that works, but you can always try asking a friendly crewmember ^^

@HenkNetherlandsThis reach out might seem odd.  Many years ago (Decades), I did a program for Nissan of the Netherlands.  It was one of the most critical parts and experiences of my life.  I visited many times. One time that comes to mind was a day called, Queens Day.  

Your country is lovely.  The people are super friendly.  The history is very interesting.  One of the people who was one of the many host I had was also named Henk.  Seeing your name reminded me of him and that lovely time.  

I hope you next cruise is a lovely one.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sthrngary said:

@HenkNetherlandsThis reach out might seem odd.  Many years ago (Decades), I did a program for Nissan of the Netherlands.  It was one of the most critical parts and experiences of my life.  I visited many times. One time that comes to mind was a day called, Queens Day.  

Your country is lovely.  The people are super friendly.  The history is very interesting.  One of the people who was one of the many host I had was also named Henk.  Seeing your name reminded me of him and that lovely time.  

I hope you next cruise is a lovely one.  

Thank you for the compliment about my country, and i'm glad you have fond memories of your time here! These kinds of spontaneous interactions is part of why I like cruising so much!
You visited on Queen's day too, that's a great time to be here. Lots of parties and almost everyone is off work and just being happy!

Have fun on your next cruise ^_^

Edited by HenkNetherlands
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rscales2 said:

How about booking now, and getting a refund now on the OBC you purchased last year. Then in essence you are using that OBC.

There should be no issue cancelling and getting reimbursed for OBC you purchased as far as I know.

EDIT:  upon reading more posts I see that you booked for that first week. nevermind🙃

Edited by cruiseinfoseeker
  • Like 1