Duffy's Love Shack

skis2

We are cruising the Eastern Caribbean on NOS in Sept. Has anyone been to Duffy's Love Shack on St. Thomas? Is it worth stopping? Is it a real bar or a tourist trap? Has anyone actually seen Kenny Chesney there? Thanks!

A small group of us stopped there in 2003. A cute place that I guess you could call touristy but the weird thing was it's location. It's kind of in the parking lot of a strip mall in the middle of what seemed like nowhere. But the service was very friendly, you could keep the glasses (I still have the monkey head on my office shelf). It was very quiet the afternoon we were there and we were looking for a more lively place. Don't think I'd go back.....well maybe if Kenny were buying!!

I've spent lots of time at the Love Shack on St. John. What a great place, with WONDERFUL glasses that are "drink specific". There are WILD ones, and you get to keep them.

Never been during daylight hours though.

Tracy

Not necessarily a "must see," but definitely a "if you have time see." Assuming yours would be like all other cruises to STT with departure around 5 or 6PM, I wouldn't put Duffy's too high on the priority list. Now if you were staying on-island, and looking for a drinking, partying, dancing kind of evening on the East End, then it becomes a MUST see. Even the parking lot location--and it really does sit right in the middle of the strip mall parking lot, and it really is a shack--doesn't have the same effect in daylight as it does at night. They clear out the tables to make a dance floor, and the party spills into the parking lot and goes on until the wee hours. You can try the one on St John and from a menu point of view it's all the same. But nothing can compare to the atmosphere and parking lot location of the original. Drop by to have a drink and to say you've been there if you're touring in the Red Hook area. There's a Duffy's in Ocean City, MD too but I've never been there.

We are cruising the Eastern Caribbean on NOS in Sept. Has anyone been to Duffy's Love Shack on St. Thomas? Is it worth stopping? Is it a real bar or a tourist trap? Has anyone actually seen Kenny Chesney there? Thanks!

IMO, the Love Shack on St. Thomas is not worth going to. It is indeed a little shack in the middle of a parking lot. No view at all. They are known for their drinks and funky glasses (very strong but very sweet juice type drinks for the most part, though you can order just about anything). My husband got the shark tank, which was a fish bowl (yes, that large) with a plastic shark in it. Very strong, but too sweet to drink much of it, which is a good thing as he would have been hammered).

Kenny Chesney spends most of his island time on St. John from what I've heard.

When we went to St. John in November, I noticed that the St. John Duffy's had sold and was called something else (Lizard something?).

Archived