Anchorage - Glacier Brewhouse vs 49th State Brewing

Ricbr

My wife and I will be flying in on Sunday July 24th.  We should be arriving sometime around 2pm from our flight and will eventually make our way to the Hotel Captain Cook to start off our next few days on our Land Tour.  We wanted to walk around the city for a little bit in the evening and try to get some food and are going back and forth between two locations.  Glacier Brewhouse or 49th State Brewing.  Both within easy walking distance from the Hotel.

Do any of you have recommendations of one or the other?  Both look good...but I was hoping to talk to some that have been to either location in the past.

Thanks!

Edited by Ricbr

• Ricbr changed the title to Anchorage - Glacier Brewhouse vs 49th State Brewing

I have patronized Glacier Brewhouse a few times and have always enjoyed it.  (Reservations recommended).  49th State:  I have not patronized it in Anchorage, but I have done so in Healy, Alaska, which is a small community just North of Denali.  The ambiance of 49th State was different than Glacier Brewhouse.  Assuming the Anchorage location would be the same, Glacier is more of a restaurant casual type ambiance while 49th State was more of a brewhouse type ambiance.  Food was excellent at both.  I think you would enjoy either of them. 

Since you are staying at the Captain Cook, the Snow City Cafe is a local favorite for Breakfast and Lunch.  It is near your hotel.