YVR meet-up

A friend and I will be flying separately into YVR within a couple of hours of each other.  I think I read somewhere that there is an International Arrivals Lounge after CBSA.  Is there?  Is it easy to find?  Would it be a good place for my friend and me to meet-up?  If not, where would you suggest that we meet?  It needs to be a place where I can sit to wait for her and a place she can easily find it after clearing CBSA.  Neither she nor I have any sort of airlines’ lounge access.  

On 7/5/2022 at 5:46 PM, bbstx said:

A friend and I will be flying separately into YVR within a couple of hours of each other.  I think I read somewhere that there is an International Arrivals Lounge after CBSA.

Lounge? No - the L in that particular location stands for Int'l Arrival Lobby - it is useful, you'll find the Greencoats (volunteers) for in-person help as well as phones, leaflets for tourist attractions etc. Actually, not sure whether physical leaflets will be back since TheBeforeTimes or not! It's more of an info hub than a 'hang out' - no food, no comfy chairs.

Personally I'd recommend the Observation area - it's small enough that there's no way you will fail to find each other, it's definitely outside security, it's the only public spot on the 4th floor so it's easy to find, there are comfy chairs (it's an indoor plane spotting room basically) and if either of you miss the signs to it the Greencoats will all know where it is and can point you the right way.

I recommend going to the Globe Jetsetter bar at the Fairmont and meeting there.  It’s a wonderful setting and they have awesome food.  Comfy chairs and lots of room for you and your luggage.

If not the bar, you can use the Fairmont lobby.  Plush chairs, water with lemons, peaceful setting.

Edited by YVRteacher

Also, the airport volunteers no longer wear green coats and it is not appropriate to call them greencoats.

There are no comfy chairs in the observation lounge.  There are tables and chairs like you would see in a mall food court.