Bon Voyage Gifts

Kaki321

Hi everyone! I have a relatively dumb question - but a question nonetheless...we are booked for a May 7th cruise on Miracle (yay!).

I was considering pre-ordering some gifts (in particular WINE) for our cabin, as well as my sister's and niece's cabin. This service doesn't do much good though, if the wine isn't there when you arrive at your room.

Does anyone have experience with ordering Bon Voyage gifts? I am just wondering, if they are scrambling to get rooms ready - - how can they also deliver on making sure WINE and other bon voyage gifts are there when passengers first enter their room?

Again, if this isn't the norm, it's better for us just to go grab a bottle of wine at one of the bars instead of waiting for a bon voyage gift to arrive.

Lemme know whatcha think!

If they have been very busy and you are extremely early you might not have your wine in when you first get there. We had a tray of chocolate covered strawberries (absolutely delicious) delivered before we sailed but after we had gotten to our room. Anyways, wouldn't you want one of those foo-foo fruity drinks with the umbrella that screams - YOUR VACATION HAS NOW STARTED!!!!!:D

Hi everyone! I have a relatively dumb question - but a question nonetheless...we are booked for a May 7th cruise on Miracle (yay!).

I was considering pre-ordering some gifts (in particular WINE) for our cabin, as well as my sister's and niece's cabin. This service doesn't do much good though, if the wine isn't there when you arrive at your room.

Does anyone have experience with ordering Bon Voyage gifts? I am just wondering, if they are scrambling to get rooms ready - - how can they also deliver on making sure WINE and other bon voyage gifts are there when passengers first enter their room?

Again, if this isn't the norm, it's better for us just to go grab a bottle of wine at one of the bars instead of waiting for a bon voyage gift to arrive.

I've never had a problem with Bon Voyage. Everything I've ordered has always been as requested

Kaki - One thing for sure - You can't just go to a bar and get a bottle of wine to take with you anywhere.

As far as ordering - I've had wine sent to cabins of my friends and my son on several occasions. The wine has always been in the cabin, along with wine glasses and a corkscrew and a personal note saying whatever I wanted - when they have first arrived. When someone sent me wine, same thing.

Another dept. is in charge of getting the wine to the cabins - not the steward.

Just do it and don't worry.:)

I also always order a few bottles for my room. Just be sure you specify when you want them delivered. I.e. at embarkation (in your stateroom) will have it delivered before you get to your cabin, IF you say night one it may end up delivered to your dining room instead. (happened to me one year). I always have them delivered on embarkation every since and have never had a problem with delivery. This year I got a corkscrew for each bottle, they came nicely wrapped and my room steward filled a bucket w/ice for my white wine selection. Hope it helps and have a blast

I have ordered these types of gifts for my parents and others on numerous occasions. Most of the time, everything is delivered on-time. However, if it is wine, you may want to carry this on and save yourself some money. One thing that is worthwhile if you drink from the bar are those bar coupons. You receive 4 for around $20 and they include tips.

I have ordered these types of gifts for my parents and others on numerous occasions. Most of the time, everything is delivered on-time. However, if it is wine, you may want to carry this on and save yourself some money. One thing that is worthwhile if you drink from the bar are those bar coupons. You receive 4 for around $20 and they include tips.

I also carried on one bottle of wine from home but I like a glass pre-dinner, and post-dinner and some to share and coming on a plane from NH lugging a few bottles can really weigh one down. :o The dollar or so more to pay per bottle doesn't compare to lugging around the extra weigh in my carryon.

Have also done the coupons (still have some left too) and those work out pretty well too. Usually on the drink of the day..

........ The dollar or so more to pay per bottle doesn't compare to lugging around the extra weigh in my carryon.

Uh, have you priced the bottles of wine in the dining room? 'Way, way more than just a dollar more a bottle. What I pay $8-10 for here at the liquor store is at least $23-30 on the ship.;)

........ The dollar or so more to pay per bottle doesn't compare to lugging around the extra weigh in my carryon.

Uh, have you priced the bottles of wine in the dining room? 'Way, way more than just a dollar more a bottle. What I pay $8-10 for here at the liquor store is at least $23-30 on the ship.;)

Yeah, no kidding! We like Asti and can get it here for $10. I think it's around $23 in the dining room, but costs $27.75 if you order it through Carnival's Bon Voyage department. Another one is Moet & Chandon's White Star -- I can get it for $30 or less here, yet it's nearly $80 to order it online from Carnival. Definitely worth lugging the bottles onto to ship for that kind of money.

Husband bougth me a bottle of my favorite wine for what he thought was the second day in our cabin. Came to table at dinner second night but only after we had ordered drinks so put away for a third night. On fourth night he had thought he was having a cake sent to our cabin which said "It will always be our honeymoon" since we have been married 19 years. The cake was delivered at dinner and the waiter and assistant thought it was our honeymoon, why we would bring a 12 year old and 16 year along is beyond me. The best part is the cake said. "It will always be out honeymoon" We now have a new romantic thing to say. So buyer beware but I give him an A+ for being so romantic.

Where do you guys pack your wine and Champagne? In your checked baggage or you carry on? Has anyone given you trouble about bringing it on board? TI A for any info!

Carnival's latest policy allows one bottle of wine/champagne per passenger to be brought onto the ship at embarkation only. I usually put mine in my checked luggage (bubblewrapped and in a big ziploc bag) - only because I don't want to have to carry it on board. You can take it in your carry-on if you want to.:)

We received a free bottle of Champagne from Carnival and it was in ourn room when we arrived. I had ordered a cake as well and it came shortly after we got to our room. For the canapes (which I would not recommend), I had to call room service and arrange for a delivery time.

I agree that it might be a better idea to bring wine on with you unless you really have a physical problem that inhibits you from carrying the extra weight. It's cheaper and you also are gauranteed to have it when you arrive. If you only bring the few necesities in your carry on (swimsuit, meds, documents) you will probably still have enough room in your bag for a bottle of wine. Have that bottle when you get on the ship and put the rest in a suitcase and save it for later.

We usally bring several bottles of bubbly and wine. Yes it is heavy to carry on; however, we do save some money. White Star is usually $80+ and this is what you expect to pay for Dom Perion :-) We have never been stopped for more than a few bottles per person. Either way, Carnival still receives a good bar tab from us.

.......Have that bottle when you get on the ship and put the rest in a suitcase and save it for later.

Just curious as to why you'd put it in a suitcase...? The cabin steward won't say anything if your wine is sitting on the dressing table all week. He doesn't care what you have.:)

I agree that it might be a better idea to bring wine on with you unless you really have a physical problem that inhibits you from carrying the extra weight. It's cheaper and you also are gauranteed to have it when you arrive. If you only bring the few necesities in your carry on (swimsuit, meds, documents) you will probably still have enough room in your bag for a bottle of wine. Have that bottle when you get on the ship and put the rest in a suitcase and save it for later.

I think sassy0930 means that if you put the rest of the wine in your checked luggage it will arrive later. Then you can take it out and put it in your room where ever you like.

We were greeted by a bon voyage decorations on or last cruise on the victory. When we returned from the muster drill there was a basket of fruit and a bottle of wine waiting for us, it was avery nice and unexpected surprise.

Hey, if you want to do a "practice run" , you can send something to our cabin on the Pride in March and I will be more than happy to let you know if it arrived on time!!! (Aren't I just the helpful one???)

Archived