Canadians getting Covid tests pre-cruise

MikeNKim

Good afternoon all

i have a cruise booked for end of Oct.   I assume we will still need Covid testing by then

I was in Disney in Feb and you could get tested basically anywhere for free just using the address of your hotel.    I will be coming down the coast and won’t be close to Disney.    Does anyone know if CVS Walgreens etc will allowing people to be tested with a US address?   I did try to book right at the port and they are already all booked.

any insight would be greatly appreciated

Kim

Hi! Why wait to test until you enter the States?  You have three days before boarding if you are boosted and 2 days before if you haven't had the booster and are eligible.  I personally wouldn't feel comfortable boarding my plane unless I had a negative antigen test in my hands.  We are Cruising on the 23rd and are going down the day before.  I have 4 antigen tests books for the evening of the 21st at Shoppers Drug Mart for $40 each!  Of course I would rather find a free test lol but the stress isn't worth it to me.

I seriously can't wait till these test are ancient history!! 🙏

• Like 1

From what I’ve read free testing is ending. I wouldn’t count on it for October. 

As mentioned above, get tested before you leave Canada if time allows. Or buy a proctored test like the ones from SwitchHealth.

there is always a chance it will be gone by then as well (testing not covid). 

Just saw a post on John Healds page about using OnPoint service.  Allows you to use any Govt approved over the counter home test with their Tele service to Proctor it and get Lab certified results for 14.99.  Way better than the 79.00 proctored tests i purchased for my March Cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, kdr69 said:

Just saw a post on John Healds page about using OnPoint service.  Allows you to use any Govt approved over the counter home test with their Tele service to Proctor it and get Lab certified results for 14.99.  Way better than the 79.00 proctored tests i purchased for my March Cruise.

We may do that, we are flying to England one week pre-cruise.   Sailing on the Pride and wouldn't be able to the testing in Canada.  I think the self-tests are free at Walmart