Explorer Swimming Questions..

jabraun

Hi Everyone, Just Wondering About The Explorer Swimming Pools. First Time On Rcl..

I Have 3 Kids 16,9 And 22months , Sailing 3/26/06 . Are There Shallow Areas Around The Pools. The Representative From Rcl Said No They Are All One Depth. I thought that was odd. And The Other Question Is Do They Close Down Or Drain The Pools At Night. The Kids Sometimes Like To Swim Late At Night. 9pm-10pm Or So. The Explorer Does Have The Water Parkplay Area, Right? Thanks Ahead Of Time.:) By the way the 22 month old is potty trained! I do know that rule.

The pools are all several feet deep, I think. There is no shallow (or deep) end that would be safe for a toddler. Fine for the 16 year old, and for the 9 year old if he/she is a decent swimmer. One of these pools is an "adults only" pool. All the pools are filled with filtered saltwater. Each night, two of the three are drained, scrubbed, and refilled. The third one stays open for those late night swims. They rotate each night, so each pool has water in it every third night. On the nights that only the adult pool has water in it, kids can use it. There is a kiddie pool in the kids' adventure area, which I am not at all familiar with (never been there...just seen pictures). That one may be the best option for the little one, unless you go and hold him/her in the other pools.

We'll be on Explorer next week again, so I'll refresh my memory and let you know.

Here is a link with some great pics of Adventure Beach on the Explorer:

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/photos/publicspaces/12/advocean/advbeach/EX.html

There are also pics from the main pools:

http://www.romain-moisescot.com/voyagerclass/onboard/photos/publicspaces/11/pool/EX.html

This is a great web page if you are looking for specifics on the voyager class ships....

The pools are all several feet deep, I think. There is no shallow (or deep) end that would be safe for a toddler. Fine for the 16 year old, and for the 9 year old if he/she is a decent swimmer. One of these pools is an "adults only" pool. All the pools are filled with filtered saltwater. Each night, two of the three are drained, scrubbed, and refilled. The third one stays open for those late night swims. They rotate each night, so each pool has water in it every third night. On the nights that only the adult pool has water in it, kids can use it. There is a kiddie pool in the kids' adventure area, which I am not at all familiar with (never been there...just seen pictures). That one may be the best option for the little one, unless you go and hold him/her in the other pools.

We'll be on Explorer next week again, so I'll refresh my memory and let you know.

sicsinohio, I would love to hear all about your cruise when you get back. please feel free to email me at julie.braun@insightbb.com. I would appreciate any feedback and tips etc.... first time on RCL and its been 7 years since our last cruise. (Disney Wonder) Have a great cruise..............

sicinohio---- WE will be on the same cruise, this will be my first and I will be taking both my daughters, 16 & 19, so we are way excited....

We're on the same cruise too... why don't you come and check out the thread in the Meet & Mingle section? There are a bunch of us heading out this weekend.

Archived