Christmas and New Years Restaurant Recommendations

Ravbo

We have never cruised during the Christmas & New Years Holidays until now.

We have the Christmas cruise and the New Years cruise booked on the Silver Dawn in Dec 2022.

It looks like the ship could be close to capacity for the Christmas cruise and is completely WAITLISTED for the New Years cruise.  

We anticipate reservations for some of the restaurants MAY be difficult to secure unless we make the reservations as soon as available.

Currently debating on which restaurants would be best for the evening meal for the following days:

Christmas Eve

Christmas Day

New Years Eve

New Years Day

Does Silversea do special menus during the holidays?  Which restaurants?

Any recommendations from someone with Silversea cruise experience on these holidays would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob & Terry

Hi guys! We have only cruised once over the holidays (Christmas/New Years last year on the Moon) but I'm happy to share our experience. I also had questions about how the holidays are celebrated and which restaurants to book so you are not alone in your quest!

On our cruise, both Christmas Day and New Years Eve were formal nights, and both had special menus that were served in the main restaurants of Atlantide and SALT Kitchen. These menus were the same so it didn't matter which of those restaurants you ate at. In fact, they requested that we make reservations for that night at one or the other even though neither are reservations-required venues (I'm guessing just to help them space out diners a bit - both restaurants were pretty full on those nights). I can't speak to the specialty restaurants as we ate in SALT on Christmas and in Atlantide on NYE. 

We chose to eat at LaDame on Christmas Eve and it was lovely. We dressed up for the occasion (it was Informal dress that night but we went full formal 🤗 as we had missed the first formal attire night due to lost luggage). And on New Years Day we ate at Kaiseki which is one of our favorites. Neither of these nights had anything particularly special going on in the restaurants. We did enjoy all the Christmas shows that the entertainment staff put on, and loved Santa's arrival in the Panorama Lounge on Christmas morning - due to Covid restrictions none of the crew could be Santa so my son Tom played the part! 

All in all it was a fantastic cruise and we cherish the memories. So much so that we booked again for Christmas 2023 on the Muse!

Hope this helps. Take care,

Maureen

• Thanks 1