Just book yesterday for next Wednesday departure....

TX-Cruiser

On the fly we booked on the Scarlet Lady yesterday for next Wednesday. We are Diamond on RCCL and Elite + on Celebrity but I have been intrigued by VV and thought...heck Columbus took a chance so why not. We are older than what seems to be the target crowd but that is okay too....it is just 4 days...just enough time to get the feel of the ship, find out if it is right for us, etc. 

I have done close to no research (very unlike me) but I did download the app, and seems to be zero left for dining reservations in the key restaurants. Do they have some availability on board or should we brace for pizza? Can anyone shed light on Scarlett night...I have read that there is Scarlett night but not sure the details. Any other "must brings" to not stick out like sore old thumbs?

Any other tips would be great. We will be on deck 13 in a balcony. 

Thanks in advance

TXC

• Like 1

More reservations generally open up once you get on the boat, and even more as people shuffle their plans throughout the voyage.

For scarlet night, dress in as much red as you like.  Theres a kickoff around 9:00 at the central staircase, then lots of different small experiences across decks 6&7.  At around 10:45 it ends up as a big dance party on the pool deck.

bring PJs for your first night- PJ dance party on the upper aft deck!

the only other advice I have is that you’re not going to get to eat, drink or do all the things you want to- especially in 4 days.  I’m on my 3rd virgin voyage right now and am still finding new things and making mental notes about what I want to do on my next one.

Take a look at the “lineup” in the app as soon as you get onto the ship WiFi and you can start registering for various activities.  Some require registration/are limited capacity, others don’t, and some say they need reservations but you can usually stand by for entry if you can’t get a ticket.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2022 at 2:50 PM, TX-Cruiser said:

On the fly we booked on the Scarlet Lady yesterday for next Wednesday. We are Diamond on RCCL and Elite + on Celebrity but I have been intrigued by VV and thought...heck Columbus took a chance so why not. We are older than what seems to be the target crowd but that is okay too....it is just 4 days...just enough time to get the feel of the ship, find out if it is right for us, etc. 

I have done close to no research (very unlike me) but I did download the app, and seems to be zero left for dining reservations in the key restaurants. Do they have some availability on board or should we brace for pizza? Can anyone shed light on Scarlett night...I have read that there is Scarlett night but not sure the details. Any other "must brings" to not stick out like sore old thumbs?

Any other tips would be great. We will be on deck 13 in a balcony. 

Thanks in advance

TXC

Talk to Sailor Services as soon as you board and they'll get you set for all your meals. 

You can start making reservations for entertainment and fitness classes (as well as adding dining) as soon as you can log onto VVMiami wifi in the terminal.  You don't have to wait to board the ship.  Great way to use any down time while waiting to board.  There will be a big red table on (I think) deck 7 after boarding.  They will fix up your dining reservations.  There are also walk in reservations available usually with only a 5 or 10 minute wait.  On a 4 night cruise, you can't eat at all 6 restaurants for dinner.  Consider doing brunch at Razzle Dazzle and/or The Wake so you can experience more.  4 nights is not really long enough, but better than nothing.  Bring something red for Scarlet night (can be a simple an a handkerchief in a pocket, a red t-shirt, or a crazy red formal dress!  Anything goes.  Also, bring PJs for the PJ party on the first night.  There are lots of good reviews on social media as well as places you can view all the menus.  Perhaps watching one or two would give you an idea of what to expect.  You will get your bands at the terminal--no worries there.

VV is A LOT different from Celebrity or Royal.  I think you'll find the VV crowd older than you might expect.  There are some quirky things, but there is SO MUCH good (and I'm a lot older than I used to be!)