Need help picking from these hotels in Miami

minnie00

We are using Hilton points...can stay at the:

1. Hilton Airport

2. Conrad

3. Doubletree Biscayne

4. Embassy suites

any opinions on these??? I see that the Conrad and Dtree are in high rise office/condo buildings. this isn't a great thing to me.

Embassy offers breakfast.

just curious on your thoughts. We get in at 5ish, will eat dinner, relax, go to port the next day for cruise. It would be nice to have shops to look at or something. thanks;)

We are cruuising Feb. 2007 and have been "hotel shopping" for days.:mad: We haven't stayed at the ones you mentioned, but have checked them out:eek: . I think we have decided on The Mutiny Hotel in Coconut Grove because they have 1 & 2 bedroom suites and our TA has stayed there and gave them a really good review. It's in walking distance to CocoWalk:) . There prices are in line for what we want to spend-less than $300.00/day:o . I also was looking to use my Hilton Honors but gave up:( . Good luck, I hope someone can give you some insight.

looks like we are going with the Doubletree Biscayne. getting it on points, so good deal for 1 night.

Conrad was 40k pts a night as opposed to 25k for others, not worth it to us.

so any thoughts on places to eat close to the Doubletree?

We have stayed at the Doubletree several times pre cruise because of my Hilton points. There are several restaurants and stores on the lobby level. We have eaten twice at the Italian place that is on the right hand side once you enter the building. There is also a steakhouse, chinese restaurant along with a grocery store for sandwiches. The Marriott shares the building and there are several restaurants there also. I remember a liquor store and some clothing stores as well.

I enjoyed my stay there more so because it was free. Be sure and request a room overlooking the bay and you can see the port and the ships.

I hope you have a great time. We are cruising again in April but this time out of Fort Lauderdale.

Archived