Few observations --Panorama, July 2 cruise

CruisefunSAN

Just got off today, few observations:

1. Embarkation, long beach started enforce arrival time rules, which made it very organized. Go on ship within half hours-- almost no lines.

2. Capitano only opened for lunch the first day and last sea day. No dinner at all.

3. Since Capitano was not open much, MDR menu added two dishes from Capitano for included. The pasta one is really good, simple but tastey; the chicken parmesan smelled good.

4. Sea day brunch, the steak and egg used really bad quality meat, lots of grits in the steak. But few things from the signature tower were really good-- all the salad and the gravlax were the best. 

• Like 1

Yup....removing the filet as the selection for steak and eggs was a huge step down.  It was a dish I had ordered dozens of times over the years.  I gave it a shot on the last two cruises and I have now given up on it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CruisefunSAN said:

Sea day brunch, the steak and egg used really bad quality meat, lots of grits in the steak.

That is unfortunately to hear - it really seems to vary by ship.  We just got off Miracle on Tuesday (also on the west coast) and the steak and eggs was one of my favorite meals.  They used really good tender cuts of meat.  But thank you for letting us know, I'm on Panorama in September and will order something else.

2 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

4. Sea day brunch, the steak and egg used really bad quality meat, lots of grits in the steak. 

I suspect auto-correct changed gristle to grits. When Carnival removed the petite filet mignon and replaced it with the inferior strip loin served at dinner they miscalculated. Thanks for the update. We were hoping for better news for the Brunch steak and eggs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

It was previously filet mignon and eggs, now it is steak and eggs.😒

On the menu it has always been listed as Steak and Eggs and the description read petite filet mignon. I wonder if it still says petite filet mignon when it should now read: " tough, gristle and sinew riddled strip loin" ?

From the menu:

Steak and Eggs* filet mignon, fried eggs, sautéed spinach, grilled tomato, creamy peppercorn sauce

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, CruisefunSAN said:

Just got off today, few observations:

1. Embarkation, long beach started enforce arrival time rules, which made it very organized. Go on ship within half hours-- almost no lines.

2. Capitano only opened for lunch the first day and last sea day. No dinner at all.

3. Since Capitano was not open much, MDR menu added two dishes from Capitano for included. The pasta one is really good, simple but tastey; the chicken parmesan smelled good.

4. Sea day brunch, the steak and egg used really bad quality meat, lots of grits in the steak. But few things from the signature tower were really good-- all the salad and the gravlax were the best. 

Thanks for sharing.  Good to hear about the embarkation process and the Cucina MDR options, bad to hear about the sea day brunch and Cucina's opening hours.  I had heard Cucina was supposed to be open for every lunch.