La Caruna low key options

We're in port Wed Aug 10, 8am-5pm, Enchanted Princess.

For the same reasons as stated in my Bilbao post, can someone provide logistics/insight for a low key half-day visit from La Caruna port?

Taxis needed? Available at the pier? Credit card or cash?  What area should we explore, ask to be dropped off to/collected from?

Most folks will goi to Santiago de Compostela from A/La Coruna as this is the main reason for this port stop, (also from the other one called Vigo). It is worth considering doing this.  Should you decide to go, and don't want a shorex, my understaning is that there are trains running between both locations, but we opted for a shorex so I have no info on those.

Although we did a shorex, we noticed that we docked right in the city centre,  so taxis to wherever you decide to go should be easily available and I think that on foot, there was only one road to cross from the port although others may have better memories.  if you are internet searching for tourist info, or on Tripadvisor or similar, for best results ,the correct spelling is LA or A CORUNA.

Edited by edinburgher

• 4 weeks later...

We were in La Coruna at the beginning of June.

We chose to get off the ship and walk along the paved sea-front walkway up to the Tower of Hercules and continued around to the beach on the other side of town from where the ship docked.  We then cut back through the town to the ship.  After a bit of a break, we headed back out to the old town which is within walking distance of the ship and explored it for a bit before stopping for a bite to eat.  We enjoy walking so this worked for us!  I have a map of the city, so they must have been available when we got off the ship.

As we were starting our walk a few minutes from the ship, we were handed a flyer for a 2 hour sightseeing tour with 4 stops.  We didn't take this so I can't comment on what it's like.  Just letting you know that this exists!

• Like 1