Back to Back Cruise Bookings

Devon Lady

We are already booked on a 14 night Iona cruise in September and are now considering adding a 7 day cruise immediately before. We are booked as select and happy to do this again. 

I understand that there is a potential 10% reduction for b2b  bookings, but am unsure if this applies if booking the second one at a later date or if it only applies when booked together. I will be telephoning P&O tomorrow, but given how difficult it is to get through, I was wondering if anyone had managed to achieve the discount when booking B2B separately, so I am aware before I ring?

10 hours ago, Devon Lady said:

I understand that there is a potential 10% reduction for b2b  bookings, but am unsure if this applies if booking the second one at a later date or if it only applies when booked together. I will be telephoning P&O tomorrow, but given how difficult it is to get through, I was wondering if anyone had managed to achieve the discount when booking B2B separately, so I am aware before I ring?

I added a second cruise months later and got the 10% reduction on both cruises a couple of times over the years. I've not cruised for a few years now, due to full-time caring and then Covid came along. But hopefully the same will still apply for you. Good luck.

Thank you to those who posted. Managed to get in touch with P&O without waiting too long and yes, I was able to book the second cruise and as it was then consecutive cruises, I was able to obtain the 10% discount on both cruises. Slightly complicated as I had booked the first through an agent, but all resolved in the end.

now I just have to sort out CPS parking changes and work out the technical issues of transferring cabins and how I can take on more drink for the second cruise!😀

• Like 1

We have a 16 night cruise booked on Azura for October this year (booked direct with P&O) and added the previous seven night cruise today by ringing P&O.  Looking at the new booking confirmations, we have only been given the 10% discount on the originally booked cruise (the second longer one) and not on the newly booked one.

The newer combination saver rules do not exclude Med fly cruises (which I know they used to do) and only stipulate that each cruise needs to be more than 5 nights and less than 41 nights, so as we see it we should have had the discount on both cruises - has anyone else had this problem?  We will ring tomorrow to see if this can be sorted.  The reason we booked the earlier cruise is because we have been able to secure a flight leaving Manchester early afternoon, instead of the 6.10am flight we had been allocated, which we were not at all happy about.

This is what is on the P&O website regards combination savers:-

"Combination savers

Book two or more consecutive Select Price holidays to enjoy an extended break and we will give you a 10% reduction on the combined adult price. Please note combination savers do not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises or Grand Tours. Or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 41 nights or more in duration."

Edited by tring

On 7/11/2022 at 7:31 PM, Devon Lady said:

just have to sort out CPS parking changes

Try using Parking 4 Cruises - much cheaper on a longer cruise than CPS and as easy as anything to book B"B with them online.

how I can take on more drink for the second cruise

Just get off the ship once you have your new cruise card and go and buy some in Southampton.

work out the technical issues of transferring cabins

The cabin stewards normally organise that for you.

how I can take on more drink for the second cruise!😀

5 hours ago, david63 said:

Just get off the ship once you have your new cruise card and go and buy some in Southampton.

Or buy in the on board duty  or ashore and let the staff move it to your new cabin

17 hours ago, tring said:

We have a 16 night cruise booked on Azura for October this year (booked direct with P&O) and added the previous seven night cruise today by ringing P&O.  Looking at the new booking confirmations, we have only been given the 10% discount on the originally booked cruise (the second longer one) and not on the newly booked one.

The newer combination saver rules do not exclude Med fly cruises (which I know they used to do) and only stipulate that each cruise needs to be more than 5 nights and less than 41 nights, so as we see it we should have had the discount on both cruises - has anyone else had this problem?  We will ring tomorrow to see if this can be sorted.  The reason we booked the earlier cruise is because we have been able to secure a flight leaving Manchester early afternoon, instead of the 6.10am flight we had been allocated, which we were not at all happy about.

This is what is on the P&O website regards combination savers:-

"Combination savers

Book two or more consecutive Select Price holidays to enjoy an extended break and we will give you a 10% reduction on the combined adult price. Please note combination savers do not apply to World Cruises, Classic Southern Hemisphere Journeys, Exotic fly-cruises or Grand Tours. Or if one, or both, of the cruises are of 5 nights or less or 41 nights or more in duration."

We have been able to get the -10% sorted on the newly booked cruise now, (after a bit of persuasion), but there is still uncertainty of how they can refund the overpayment!  We have made it known we will not accept an FCC.  At least the revised cost is showing on the website.

• Like 2