MARDI GRAS ~ Inside square staterooms

I had one in September.  It looked larger on the deck plan, but didn’t really have any advantages other than looking different from the “same old” cabins.   The positive is the bathroom door does not clash against the closet door if both are opened at the same time.  The negative  was sitting at the desk/vanity to dry my hair and put on makeup.  The chair/ottoman weighs a ton and has to be dragged out from under the vanity.  Once it is pulled out, there is not enough space to open the drawers.  I normally keep my hair dryer, brushes, etc. in the bottom drawer and leave it open while I am doing my hair and makeup.  No, not in the square cabin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I had one in September.  It looked larger on the deck plan, but didn’t really have any advantages other than looking different from the “same old” cabins.   The positive is the bathroom door does not clash against the closet door if both are opened at the same time.  The negative  was sitting at the desk/vanity to dry my hair and put on makeup.  The chair/ottoman weighs a ton and has to be dragged out from under the vanity.  Once it is pulled out, there is not enough space to open the drawers.  I normally keep my hair dryer, brushes, etc. in the bottom drawer and leave it open while I am doing my hair and makeup.  No, not in the square cabin.

I've watched a couple of videos on YouTube and it seems that it's a little better to get around, especially moving around the bed.  Even in an ocean view or balcony that is more rectangular it's sometimes a struggle walking past the bed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

I've watched a couple of videos on YouTube and it seems that it's a little better to get around, especially moving around the bed.  Even in an ocean view or balcony that is more rectangular it's sometimes a struggle walking past the bed.

Yes, I agree.  Unless you sit at the vanity for any reason.

We booked a square cabin for the Celebration in October 2023, before we had actually sailed in the square cabin on the Mardi Gras.   Not sure what we are going to do about it, hopefully upgrade it.  We have been in the very aft (square) and the very forward locations (premium interior) and weren’t crazy about either.  The one we have booked is mid-ship, close to the elevators, which is why we are putting off making a change.

Edited by ZoeyVictoria

Just found another cruise in the same timeframe on the new ship (not yet sailing) the Celebration which will begin sailing in November ~ it's the sister ship to the Mardi Gras.  We would have had to fly for either cruise and I can get an Oceanview for the same price, so think we're "jumping ship."