After the excursion...

PammyJeanB

You can get on and off the ship the whole day the ship is in port. After your excursion you can go back on board and even get off again if you want. Depending on what's nearby, we will sometimes go back on board and then get off and take a look around what is nearby. Sometimes the port will have a market quite near and we will just wander through that. Or sometimes it's nice to just stay on the ship and relax depening on what type of day we've had. If you give us more specifics as to what ports you are visiting we can you let you know what's near that pier.

If you give us more specifics as to what ports you are visiting we can you let you know what's near that pier.

Thanks for the FYI! We're doing the Western Caribbean on the Star Princess in only 4 weeks....can't wait!

In Cozumel, our intentions are only to shop (I now have a very detailed map) and hit Paradise Beach. In the Grand Caymans - we're doing the stingray excursion. Montego Bay-we're doing the snorkel & Doctor's Cave Beach, and then on to the Princess Cays for just some beach and snorkeling.

My concern rested primarily in Montego Bay. I've tried to educate myself on every port, and what I'm finding out about Jamaica concerns me. I don't think I want to be wandering around after the excursion there as much as I plan on the other ports.

Any advice?

My concern rested primarily in Montego Bay. I've tried to educate myself on every port, and what I'm finding out about Jamaica concerns me. I don't think I want to be wandering around after the excursion there as much as I plan on the other ports.

Any advice?

We were very underimpressed with Montego Bay. It has been the only port that we have ever felt unsafe.

My advice? Skip the city and enjoy all of your port time at an all-inclusive resort (like Sunset Beach) or go on a ship excursion only.

D.

Archived