Quick 7/2/2022 Vista Review with Kids!

TexasJohn82

Just a quick review, we were on the 7-day Vista on 7/2/2022 to Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel.  This was our first cruise with kids.

Capacity:

Full capacity, around 4k people but the ship never really felt too full except on the Lido deck for parties and in the Ocean Plaza for Trivia on the last day!

Food:

We had early assigned dining (there was 7 of us so we felt that was easier) and the staff was great.  The food was okay, they had two Cucina dishes (Seafood pasta and Chick Parm) on the menu each night I guess to make up for the Cucina being closed for dinner.  Guys was great and the frys were okay (not sure I could compare them to before so sorry if you are looking for that).  The best thing we had was the Teriyaki Steak ($10) at Bonsai (the sushi was so-so), it was great and better than the steak I had in the Steakhouse.  

Shows/Activities/Parties:

The shows were great, we really enjoyed Flick and the comedians.  The activities were great we stuck with Trivia a lot but the deck parties and other things where always good Kendal Fire did a great job with a lot of excitement!

Ship:

No propulsion problems that I am aware of, we left on time and arrived on time each day and the ship was pretty well taken care of, didn't really notice a staff shortage we only ever really had lines getting on and off the boat and I think I waited a few minutes once for pizza but other than that it was pretty smooth but you could tell there were a lot of people on the boat

Kids Camp (Camp Ocean):

So I know there was a lot of back and forth but we actually had a great experience with Camp Ocean.  We had two kids (5 and 10) in the camp and they loved it.  They opened up to 2-5 while we were there but no under 2.  

Sea Day times - 9AM-12pm, then 2PM-4PM, then 7PM-10PM (with the option for night owls most nights)

Port day time - 7AM-2PM, 4PM-10PM

Our kids preferred to eat breakfast and then go to camp (on Sea day's) and then we would get them for lunch eat some lunch and then do the activities around the boat (water park, Trivia, etc etc) then we would eat dinner and they would pretty much until they closed down, on port days they would go after dinner.  

They had a lot of great activities for them and they had a blast and wanted to go each day.  The staff was great to where they remembered their names and likes and they had a few days where they got to keep their crafts and things they made there.  So definitely bring your kids the first day to check it out.  It was great to see other 5yo say hi to my son because they met each other in the camp.

If you have any questions please let me know!  I hope it helps someone!

• Like 5

Thanks so much!  I board on Saturday so I am loving every bit of info I can get on the Vista right now.  

Did you happen to head to the imax?  I have heard a couple of different things about what is playing in there this month.  

11 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Thanks for the brief informative review. I didn't know Bonsai had steak ? How many ounces would you say? Very small? 

It was probably 10oz.  It was well cooked as well so not a lot of fat.

42 minutes ago, kwbrad said:

Thanks so much!  I board on Saturday so I am loving every bit of info I can get on the Vista right now.  

Did you happen to head to the imax?  I have heard a couple of different things about what is playing in there this month.  

Yes we watched Minions, they were showing Minions 2 and Jurassic World 3 and two other Imax (documentary style) movies.  It looked like they were switching over to Thor.  We did have to buy and show up about 30 minutes in advance the tickets for Minions as it got pretty full.

• Like 1