QV spa

jimbo1683

The Cunard website is totally confused about the spa. It contradicts itself in every paragraph so i don't know what to believe:

Firstly, 2-hour spa passes are available online:Screenshot_20220711-221050_Chrome.thumb.jpg.17a4c5eb08bb72c1a6d33c1d9be0425f.jpg

But they must be purchased onboard

Screenshot_20220711-221215_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c95f80fafe6d408a7fa55bed8261eb54.jpg

And then it turns into a day pass rather than a 2-hour pass and can be used at anytime, not only at the "desired time" indicated in the first screen shot

Screenshot_20220711-221507_Chrome.thumb.jpg.183e2b02058b6cc9c53bf41aca4c3018.jpg

so what's the actual situation and how much does it cost, and for what?

I can't speak to the 'two-hour pass' although it presumably exists but the day, and multi-day passes certainly *do* exist. I don't see that the existence of one precludes the existence of the other.

They would be the prices you see on the screenshot you've posted although (from memory) they have special rates advertised sometimes in the daily programme. Either way, you can go to the spa desk and book it once you're on board.

I've used the multi-day pass and for me it was acceptable value. It depends how much you like being in a spa and how much use you'll get out of it. The day passes allow you to enter the spa area at any time they're open on the day or days for which you have the pass and spend as long as you like there. The two hour pass does what it says on the tin, I guess.

On a recent trip on another line  only 'two hour' passes were sold, and they were strictly rationed so that the number of people in the thermal areas was at most 12.    That makes sense to me as a covid restriction.  You might find what is allowed changes as restrictions are tightened or loosened.

Edited by WestonOne

The day pass and the 2 hr pass are one and the same. Covid protocols only allow x-number of guests in the spa at any given time. The day passes are now restricted to a 2 hr window which you choose (based on availability) and that will be your daily time at the spa. Your group will leave, spa will be disinfected and the next group allowed in. Looks like the info you're reading is new Covid restrictions thrown quickly over pre-pandemic language. That's not unusual in these times.

• Like 1

I bought the full-cruise spa pass on QE last month. I had to choose a 2-hour time, but it didn't have to be the same time every day. On embarkation day, I chose for the next day. It occurred to me that I would likely to forget to make the time bookings, so I looked at the itinerary and my plans, and the next day made my reservations for the rest of the cruise, varying the times to suit my plans. 

The first day, there were 6-8 other people in the spa pool, which surprised me. All other days, there only a few people there.