HAL future cruise credit question

Jammu2

Greetings!

We are beyond final payment but potentially want to rebook our cruise. We can cancel our cruise at this point and receive future cruise credit.

How long does that take to show up? Will we be able to rebook our cruise immediately after we cancel or is this something that takes time? Can anyone share any insights on this?

Thanks in advance!

It seems to be hit or miss. I’ve had mine show up quickly but others have said it’s taken months. 

I was able to book something right away and they noted it that I was waiting on the FCC

• Thanks 1

@Jammu2 If your cruise sails before Dec.31 2022, you should be covered by the Worry-Free-Booking/Flexible Cancellation policy. That will refund all the non-refundable costs EXCEPT for the insurance fee if you have bought a Cancellation Protection Plan.

We moved our October cruise to a back-to-back sailing at the end of December. Also in the default period after Final Payment. My PCC worked magic (it was very complicated with some FCC dating to March 2020, some AARP gift card, some credit card). Most of the FCC was transferred immediately, with some penalty being repaid a bit later. I established where the "repayment" should be applied -- the call to my PCC was yesterday and this noon I had an email showing the payment to the second cruise of my B2B. 

Go through however you made the original cruise: TA, PCC, or HAL 'switchboard'. Emphasize that you want to rebook using the Worry-Free-Booking/Flexible Cancellation policy. NOTE: if your existing cruise is NOT sailing by end-of-year, the above will not apply; you will be in the forfeiture period shown on your confirmation email.

• Thanks 1