Alaska Discovery Princess info

Ptroxx

Never cruised Princess b4.  
Does princess have a luggage service to the airport after the cruise like some other cruise lines?   
id like to explore Seattle after the cruise before my flight home.    
TIA.    

Seattle itself provides this service.  Forms should be brought to your cabin before disembarkation where you can provide your flight information and the night before you get off the boat they will give you a tag for your luggage which you'll leave outside your cabin.  If all goes according to plan, you won't see your bag again until the baggage carousel when you arrive at your home airport. I'm about to cruise Alaska on Discovery Princess, too, and Seattle is the first city I've ever sailed into that does this.  I guess they really want people to spend some time in their city.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Moondogy said:

This link may help you, it is a free service, but not all airlines participate. 😊.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Just replying to add that we used the Seattle Port Valet program when we disembarked Discovery Princess in May and it worked flawlessly, just like Princess' "EZCheck" and Celebrity's "Luggage Valet" that we've used in the past. The only fee is whatever your airline may charge for checked bags.

I would recommend checking in and registering your interest with the Guest Services desk early in the cruise, though. I had signed up for the service through the Port Valet website and "assumed" the ship would automatically be notified. But, when I happened to ask about it when I was at Guest Services (for another reason) they had no record of it, so I had to fill out the paperwork again on the ship. Not a big deal, but I'm glad I checked in or might have missed out on the chance to take advantage of it.

Happy cruising. Discovery is beautiful, the ports are wonderful, and Port Valet is awesome. 👍

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the replies.    I’ve used this service b4 with NCL and it worked great.   
just wasn’t sure if Princess did it as well.   

think I’m flying southwest again.    Haven’t booked it just yet.     

but thanks again all.   

5 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Just replying to add that we used the Seattle Port Valet program when we disembarked Discovery Princess in May and it worked flawlessly, just like Princess' "EZCheck" and Celebrity's "Luggage Valet" that we've used in the past. The only fee is whatever your airline may charge for checked bags.

I would recommend checking in and registering your interest with the Guest Services desk early in the cruise, though. I had signed up for the service through the Port Valet website and "assumed" the ship would automatically be notified. But, when I happened to ask about it when I was at Guest Services (for another reason) they had no record of it, so I had to fill out the paperwork again on the ship. Not a big deal, but I'm glad I checked in or might have missed out on the chance to take advantage of it.

Happy cruising. Discovery is beautiful, the ports are wonderful, and Port Valet is awesome. 👍

May I ask how you liked the ship? The cruise it self.    I’ve never cruised on Princess.  I found a good deal for the week at 1500.00 for a balcony solo.    
thanks. 

48 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

Thank you all for the replies.    I’ve used this service b4 with NCL and it worked great.   
just wasn’t sure if Princess did it as well.   

think I’m flying southwest again.    Haven’t booked it just yet.     

but thanks again all.   

When we went on the Majestic last August, we also flew Southwest. We had a 10:50 flight, and were unable to use Port Valet since for Southwest flights have to be 11:00 or later. Not sure that's still the case, but heads up if it applies to you.

7 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

When we went on the Majestic last August, we also flew Southwest. We had a 10:50 flight, and were unable to use Port Valet since for Southwest flights have to be 11:00 or later. Not sure that's still the case, but heads up if it applies to you.

I remember this from when I used the service on NCL.   Think I’m booking a 6pm flight out.  So I should be ok.   
wanna walk around downtown a little maybe hit the aquarium or zoo for a few hours b4.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I remember this from when I used the service on NCL.   Think I’m booking a 6pm flight out.  So I should be ok.   
wanna walk around downtown a little maybe hit the aquarium or zoo for a few hours b4.  

That sounds like a really nice day you have planned. 😃

7 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

That sounds like a really nice day you have planned. 😃

Thanks.  I really loved alaska the first time I did it in 2019. 
really enjoyed walking around Seattle the day before.  
I did the under ground city tour which was very cool.  
so thought some wildlife would be a good way to waste some time before my flight this time.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

May I ask how you liked the ship? The cruise it self.    I’ve never cruised on Princess.  I found a good deal for the week at 1500.00 for a balcony solo.    
thanks. 

We absolutely loved this ship and the cruise. We've sailed Princess more than 30 times in the past 22 years and, of the newest ship design, this is probably my favorite. And she's brand new.  And the itinerary was wonderful. We've also done a more extensive Alaska cruise in the past, but this was a very nice 7-day trip that afforded the opportunity to see the highlights. That is a great price for a solo balcony cabin. I'd grab it.

The only negative was that the wifi was terrible, and there continue to be glitches with the Medallion app, but those were not deal breakers by any means. Hope you have a great trip. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

We absolutely loved this ship and the cruise. We've sailed Princess more than 30 times in the past 22 years and, of the newest ship design, this is probably my favorite. And she's brand new.  And the itinerary was wonderful. We've also done a more extensive Alaska cruise in the past, but this was a very nice 7-day trip that afforded the opportunity to see the highlights. That is a great price for a solo balcony cabin. I'd grab it.

The only negative was that the wifi was terrible, and there continue to be glitches with the Medallion app, but those were not deal breakers by any means. Hope you have a great trip. 

Thanks for the info.   I like having the internet when I travel. But in Alaska every port you have service so don’t think that’s a big deal for me.   And as long as I have a few Netflix movies downloaded I see no issue there.  Loool.   lol.  

and yes it sure is a good price.   Just trying to find a flight now is the challenge lol.    But think I found something. Just have to be creative.     Lol. 

Well pulled the trigger on my princess discovery cruise.   
2 weeks away.    1600 total solo balcony GTY.  Which I’m ok with.   As long as I have a balcony for a week.      

thanks for all the comments.      

this will be my first princess cruise after about 20 cruises.     

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

Well pulled the trigger on my princess discovery cruise.   
2 weeks away.    1600 total solo balcony GTY.  Which I’m ok with.   As long as I have a balcony for a week.      

thanks for all the comments.      

this will be my first princess cruise after about 20 cruises.     

Since this is your first cruise on princess, if you are a veteran don't forget to check out the military benefits.

https://www.princess.com/military_benefit_program/

Well just got an email.    They upgraded me.   From a GTY to c230     Seems like a good location.  

booked the lumberjack show.     Didn’t see it the last time I was there.   

now to figure out some other fun things to do

May do a seaplane.   But princess are sold out.    

would also like to play with some puppies ,   We’ll see.    

• Like 2