Transfers from Barcelona airport

John F

We paid about 30 Euros (maybe a bit, but at least 25), as I recall, for a cab from the airport to a hotel on Las Ramblas. Be aware that the cabbies can charge for each bag they load into the trunk, maybe one Euro each, so the price will vary depending on how many pieces of luggage you have. We remembered that from our last trip, so we took our backpacks in the main part of the cab. Can you say cheeeeeeep?:D

Something we found strange last year is that some cabs won't take luggage. We had no problems from the airport to the hotel (Atrium Palace, 26 euros). I guess the drivers expect people at the airport to have luggage. However, when we were trying to get from the hotel to the dock, the first two cabs that stopped said they don't take luggage. There was two of us with four bags (one large suitcase, one garment bag, and two carry-on size suitcases). You might want to have the hotel concierge call a cab for you and make sure s/he tells them that you have bags.

• 3 weeks later...
Something we found strange last year is that some cabs won't take luggage. We had no problems from the airport to the hotel (Atrium Palace, 26 euros). I guess the drivers expect people at the airport to have luggage. However, when we were trying to get from the hotel to the dock, the first two cabs that stopped said they don't take luggage. There was two of us with four bags (one large suitcase, one garment bag, and two carry-on size suitcases). You might want to have the hotel concierge call a cab for you and make sure s/he tells them that you have bags.

Interesting as we will need to go from the hotel to the port of Barcelona in May, 2006. I read that if you call a cab, the cab charges from the moment they pull out to come get you, not from the time you are picked up -- ever heard of that?

the cab charges from the moment they pull out to come get you, not from the time you are picked up -- ever heard of that?

Yes, this is what I experienced when I traveled in Rome. I was with a large group and at times we needed to call for multiple taxis. I soon realized that it was financially preferable to take one of the earlier arriving taxis (as they came a shorter distance) rather than the last taxi to arrive.

Archived