NCL Introduces new "Free At Sea Plus" Packages

1 minute ago, phillygwm said:

That's incorrect.  I'm also Platinum, looking at my confirm now.  On a hypothetical excursion

List Price:                 $129

LESS: FAS/FASUP    ($50)

Subtotal:                     $79

LESS: 10% Plat         ($7.90)

Net cost                    $71.10

So the 10% discount is after the FAS/FASUP is applied but you do get the full $50.

Or $129-$12.90 = $116.10 (full cost less your 10% discount)  

$116.10-$45.00 = $71.10 (discounted cost less the 10% discounted $50)

net is $71.10 any way you play with the numbers.

you say tomato, I say tomahto

13 minutes ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

net is $71.10 any way you play with the numbers.

you say tomato, I say tomahto

Net $71.10…true.  It does work out that way.  But…I must say that, on face value, if you told me I was going to get an excursion credit of $50 for an excursion I have already paid for, I would expect to see a credit of $50… not $45.  And, that is why I cook and don’t bake.  

1 minute ago, laudergayle said:

Net $71.10…true.  It does work out that way.  But…I must say that, on face value, if you told me I was going to get an excursion credit of $50 for an excursion I have already paid for, I would expect to see a credit of $50… not $45.  And, that is why I cook and don’t bake.  

I completely agree with you. The FAS$50 and this new FASUP $50 really don't yield $50 for their loyalty customers. The more you sail with them, ultimately the less this perk is worth. For a Sapphire the value is $ 42.50 and $40 for an Ambassador. It should be indicated because it is definitely misleading. 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 7:02 PM, JM0115 said:

Maybe I am overthinking this. I am thinking of purchasing FASUP. With regards to the extra $50 excursion credit I do not understand the terms and conditions. What does it mean when it says "if the first guest purchases shore excursion tickets for other guests, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit will not apply to such tickets"? If I purchase shore excursion for me and my wife, wouldn't we both get the $50 shore excursion credit? We already have Free at Sea with one $50 shore excursion credit per port, so with FASUP wouldn't we get $50 each?

image.thumb.png.3d9e2a8acce67f145cc66be864ba87dc.png

It’s early in the morning, and I’ve skimmed the responses to your question but got very confused with discussions of Latitudes benefits and how those affect FAS and FASUP discounts. (My apologies if this has already been made clear, and my comment is redundant.)

We are sailing on 10/22 for a 7-day cruise and purchased FASUP. We are first-timers on NCL so have no Latitudes status, and we have four people in our cabin. I am the primary passenger, my husband is listed second, and our kids (minor children) are listed third and fourth. As far as I know, my husband hasn’t logged into NCL or anything— I’ve done everything with regard to booking, payment, etc.

When we paid for FASUP, I got a $100 credit back on my credit card for two excursions we had already booked (so $50 each for my husband). I then booked another excursion and got $50 off for me and $50 off for him. Our kids were full price.

So based on my experience, even if you book excursions for you and your wife, you’ll each get $50 off if you’ve purchased FASUP, you should get a $50 refund per excursion for any excursions you’ve already paid for.

Has anyone managed to add extra dinning after adding this plus to their booking?  I have been unsuccessful.  9 day cruise so with free and sea and plus only have 3 specialty dinings and wanted to add a couple more but is seems impossible to do.  I would have thought ncl wanted my $$$…..

2 hours ago, rbxlady said:

It’s early in the morning, and I’ve skimmed the responses to your question but got very confused with discussions of Latitudes benefits and how those affect FAS and FASUP discounts. (My apologies if this has already been made clear, and my comment is redundant.)

We are sailing on 10/22 for a 7-day cruise and purchased FASUP. We are first-timers on NCL so have no Latitudes status, and we have four people in our cabin. I am the primary passenger, my husband is listed second, and our kids (minor children) are listed third and fourth. As far as I know, my husband hasn’t logged into NCL or anything— I’ve done everything with regard to booking, payment, etc.

When we paid for FASUP, I got a $100 credit back on my credit card for two excursions we had already booked (so $50 each for my husband). I then booked another excursion and got $50 off for me and $50 off for him. Our kids were full price.

So based on my experience, even if you book excursions for you and your wife, you’ll each get $50 off if you’ve purchased FASUP, you should get a $50 refund per excursion for any excursions you’ve already paid for.

Latitudes statuses ( silver and above, I think) give a percentage discount on shore excursions. The $50 credit (However it is obtained..fas or FASUP or whatever maybe some other promo) is applied to the full price and then the discount is taken on the remaining balance, therefore, yielding a lower value to the $50. 

You got $50 back on the excursions you booked because you don't have a latitude status or one that grants the discount.

21 minutes ago, Happycrafter123 said:

Has anyone managed to add extra dinning after adding this plus to their booking?  I have been unsuccessful.  9 day cruise so with free and sea and plus only have 3 specialty dinings and wanted to add a couple more but is seems impossible to do.  I would have thought ncl wanted my $$$…..

Probably just online because, quite frankly, the app and website are terrible. Try via a chat agent or call.

I tried chat they say they don’t have access to that portion of website 

I've called 4x over a couple months they seem very confused, ask why I need more than 3 nights dining (9 day cruise) and tell me they don’t know how to add anything in addition after my plus booking as that should be good enough 

Edited by Happycrafter123

1 hour ago, Happycrafter123 said:

it has been previously reported that you can only add one additional meal package to your free at sea. This becomes an issue if you want free at sea plus, but would like more than two extra meals.

Im not sure whether there is a solution to this.