Drones allowed on cruise?

Flying with TUI and cruise with Marella, as a package. 

I’ve found info for drones for n TUI flight and they are allowed in hand luggage. However just had email back from a TUI shop saying they are not allowed on board the ship. 

Has anyone boarded with a drone? I’ve asked where this info is written down, but wondered if anyone else had info, or tried etc. 

Its only a small drone under 250g, so is allowed to fly in most places. 

thanks. 

14 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Thanks, where is that post from please? As although I don’t doubt it, it’s saved on AWS, and seems old. It it available on TUI website. 

Appreciate info though, pity as would have been good to take. 

6 hours ago, MrLoLoLo said:

Thanks, where is that post from please? As although I don’t doubt it, it’s saved on AWS, and seems old. It it available on TUI website. 

Appreciate info though, pity as would have been good to take. 

Yes, available via the Marella website

3 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

That would be great enjoying a nice drink/snack on your balcony whilst being filmed for someone's pleasure 🙄

? No, it would be to take with me on excursions. Knowing the laws like I do I wouldn’t film when on the cruise or docked anyway. 

That’s trouble sometimes, people challenge you and tell you, can’t do that here, but actually don’t know the laws which we are required to. 

You must still have a moral responsibility not to film people. Fully understand that you probably know the regulations but not everyone does unfortunately we have drones regulary over our property. Sorry if I have offended you but its a sore point with us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pensioncruiser said:

You must still have a moral responsibility not to film people. Fully understand that you probably know the regulations but not everyone does unfortunately we have drones regulary over our property. Sorry if I have offended you but its a sore point with us. 

I don’t film people, no, no interest, I prefer landscapes. 

I’m afraid I can’t control everyone, only myself and I respect the laws. You can’t tarnish everyone with the same brush, sore point or not. 

Anyway, I can’t take it so happy days (for some)

Edited by MrLoLoLo
  • Like 1