Covid testing near Hyatt House Jersey City?

2travelcats

I’m looking for advice on where to get a rapid antigen covid test near the Hyatt House Jersey City.  We are staying 4 nights before a September RC cruise leaving from Cape Liberty.

When I google locations near the hotel, I see NJ Primary Care and Dr. Inna Riva Family Practice.  Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

I can also make an appointment for a test at the cruise port the day we sail but would rather not wait until the last minute.

Suggestions?   Thank you!

1 hour ago, 2travelcats said:
I’m looking for advice on where to get a rapid antigen covid test near the Hyatt House Jersey City.  We are staying 4 nights before a September RC cruise leaving from Cape Liberty.

Walgreen's Pharmacy at 1561 JFK Boulevard in Jersey City & their location at 1080 Broadway in Bayonne both offer the rapid naat test. The rapid antigen test is not available. CVS Pharmacy at 59 Washington Street in Hoboken offers the rapid antigen test. If you are without a car, the Hudson Bergen light rail travels between the 3 cities.

2 hours ago, 2travelcats said:

When I google locations near the hotel, I see NJ Primary Care and Dr. Inna Riva Family Practice.  Does anyone have any experience with either of these?

I can also make an appointment for a test at the cruise port the day we sail but would rather not wait until the last minute.

Suggestions?   Thank you!

Many cruisers are using internet proctored self tests provided by a number sources including eMed and OnPoint . You don't have to worry about finding a pharmacy or other location offering the test . You can do the test in your hotel room. You'll need an internet connection and a smartphone, tablet or laptop , and of course the test kits.  

4 minutes ago, 2travelcats said:

Thanks, but I'm really hoping to find a nearby location where I can get the test. 

Yes I'm well aware of that. I was offering an alternative in the event that what you're asking for is not readily available.

7 hours ago, meadowlander said:

Walgreen's Pharmacy at 1561 JFK Boulevard in Jersey City & their location at 1080 Broadway in Bayonne both offer the rapid naat test. The rapid antigen test is not available. CVS Pharmacy at 59 Washington Street in Hoboken offers the rapid antigen test. If you are without a car, the Hudson Bergen light rail travels between the 3 cities.

Walgreens stores don't offer walk in testing. You  must be in a car .

12 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Walgreens stores don't offer walk in testing. You  must be in a car .

Correct. My test at Walgreen's was done with me in my car. CVS conducts the test in the store. Op did not state if they have access to a car or not, regardless I offered suggestions in either instance that are close to their hotel.

We won't have a car.  I see there are 2 CVS pharmacies close to the Hyatt House - 70 Hudson and 88 Morgan.  I'll investigate if I can schedule an in-store test.

Check them out, but AFAIK the only CVS locations that do in store testing are those with MinuteClinics . Otherwise CVS test locations are also drive through only.

We won't have a car.  I see there are 2 CVS pharmacies close to the Hyatt House - 70 Hudson and 88 Morgan.  I'll investigate if I can schedule an in-store test.

The locations you list do not show as offering covid tests. From your hotel, walk to the Exchange Place light rail station. Board the light rail going to Hoboken. $2.25 1 way ticket, validate the ticket after purchase. Hoboken terminal is the last stop for this light rail route. The CVS in Hoboken is about .25 mile away, it is near Carlos Bakery (from Cake Boss). The return light rail train terminates at 8th Street Bayonne.

Some CVS locations in NYC offer the test.

For anyone also needing tests for cruises out of Cape Liberty:

I was able to schedule our rapid antigen tests with NJ Primary Care, 200 Hudson St., just a few blocks from the Hyatt Hotels. 

Cost is $145 per test but no prepayment required.  We will see if our insurance helps to pay for tests or not.