MSC advice for first timer (I know this is the Royal forum)

16 hours ago, little britain said:

You won’t call the suite deck on Winder “perfect” once you see YC.! A whole different league. 

Agree!... Totally different product structure, to begin with!... More: Wonder is just a ship in a fleet. MSC has some 12 or more YC's with a larger array of itineraries to chose from! Never been a suite guest myself. Invited once on the YC for a couple of hours and invited on an Oasis class ship suite for a moment as well. I'd say: RCI suites are larger. On real estate measures you pay what you get. An YC suite is by the way at the price of an Oasis class Junior Suite or even less these days and both the inclusions and the service level standards are far away one another. Considering the 2 situations; unless I wanted the unique Oasis class distinctiveness for the week, I'd go with YC with no doubt!... RCI would to be perfectly happy by creating Oasis Cruise Lines just to hold those behemoths at its finest!... Even on "steerage", I wouldn't do another RCI cruise below at most a Quantum class ship. Excuse me RCI cheerleaders, but outside the biggest ones, MSC is an, even if slightly, superior product.

• Like 1

We are mostly RC cruisers but cruise other lines as well.  We've done 3 MSC cruises, 1 in a Fantastica balcony and 2 in Yacht Club.  In my opinion, Fantastica is similar to a large balcony on other lines, including RC.  The only difference is a European flair and high number of international clientel on MSC.  Yacht Club is a whole different experience that is absolutely wonderful.  

Ships are beautiful and immaculate.  Staff is friendly and accomodating.  Entertainment is different but still good.  Food is comparable and subjective.  MSC's pizza and risotto are the best. Bar service is similar but MSC often gives you nibbles with your drinks.   Like RC, MSC will customize your meals for your allergies and food preferences. Atmosphere is upbeat and fun on both lines.  Private island are very different as MSC's island main goal is the restoration and preservation of coral.  It is more laid back than RC's.  The bonfires and light show on the island are fun. 

RC and MSC are our 2 favorite lines because they are very similar but different enough to give some variety to our cruising.

We will sail both of them in the future(7 cruises booked).  

• Like 2

We've done three MSC Yacht club cruises with a fourth booked for this October. First two were on the Seaside and the last was the Merviglia. The Seaside had larger suites than the Meraviglia, other than that the experience was the same. Food and entertainment were outstanding! We are diamond+ on RCCL and out status carried over to their to tier which is diamond. Next MSC cruise will be a yacht club suite on the Seashore. I highly recommend MSC cruises especially the yacht club.

• Like 1