Costa documents shipped from Italy?

jdgirl

We are sailing on 3/12 on the Magica and are really down to the wire. I have a booking number but I am unable to book shore-excursions and keep getting a message that our information is being updated and should check back in 24 hours. Since 2003 I have been booking on my own on line and never had a problem. This year I decided on the comfort of having a TA do the work. I do not know if it is the TA or Costa. We shall see!

jdgirl

We are sailing on 3/12 on the Magica and are really down to the wire. I have a booking number but I am unable to book shore-excursions and keep getting a message that our information is being updated and should check back in 24 hours. Since 2003 I have been booking on my own on line and never had a problem. This year I decided on the comfort of having a TA do the work. I do not know if it is the TA or Costa. We shall see!

jdgirl

We're in the same shape, except that I was able to book a shore excursion after calling Costa and getting the computer glitch ironed out. I hate not having docs this close to sailing. :mad: I'm sure it'll all work out, though. You're sailing a week before me; I hope our docs aren't THAT late, but expect that they might be. Geez.

jdgirl - call Costa E Help line. - I had the same problem and after calling them we found out that the reason why you get that error message telling you to come back in 24 hours is that something is missing from your booking, in my case they needed my date of birth. Yes a gave it to my travel agent, but who knows? Call them.

I did my own embarcation forms on line and all the information was there . The form cannot be submitted until all the information is entered . I did it last night so perhaps it has not caught up with the system. I called Costa and someone is going to call me back! The person with whom I spoke said that their web site is "a pain" and it has all sorts of problems.

As for the late documents, I was told that they were issued but not yet shipped from Genoa. The delay was caused by a frantic search for flights. They cheerfully informed me that all 4 of us are on the same flights. Until then it did not occur to me that they would contemplate breaking up our happy family . Wow! We booked air through the cruise line because , surprisingly, their fares were 1/3 of what I or the TA could get six weeks prior to the sailing date. We sail on the 12th from Fort Lauderdale but will fly into Palm Beach and Costa will transport us to Ft. Lauderdale. Return from Miami!

jdgirl

Sailing on March 12! Because we are a family of 4 in 2 suites ( I am so glad a paid a lot of money for this wonderful experience!) I was given two booking numbers. I was told that they have to do it like that. I was finally able to get a UPS tracking number this morning indicating that the documents were shipped from Genoa on March 1. But wait! They shipped the documents for my husband and I but not for the other two. On Monday I was told that the delay was caused by their inability to book flights until very recently, something my TA did not bother to disclose, but that they finally got us all on the same flights.

Now one has to wonder whether they booked only two of us and the other two, including my 81-year-old mother are still in limbo and that is why they have not issued the documents. Surely they do not expect half the family to go and leave the other two behind, including an elderly person or have them bounce around all over the country and catch up whenever, if at all. And we did book more than one month in advance so this is not exactly a last minute job.

What bothers me the most is not getting the truth about the situation from the very beggining. If flights were an issue then Costa should not have accepted our reservation and payment in full in the first place or they should have given us the choice to decide if we wanted to be "on stand by." Magica, if we ever get to see her, better have some major magic after all this.

JDGIRL

Costa Magica March 2006 - Maybe!

Caribbean Princess - July 2005

Celebrity Constelation -August 2004

Carnival Legend- December 2003

Royal Caribbean Splendour of the Seas - May 2000

Archived