san diego hotels.please

tronan

hi

we are going on freedom of the seas in august for our honeymoon , we are spending 3 days in las vegas and 3 days in san diego before.

we are having real trouble finding a decent but yet reasonable priced hotel in san diego.

my fiance built a irish theme bar in the gaslamp area and he wants to be near there ,he isint much help to me unfotunatley as it was some time ago and he dosnet remember much about the area (he says he was working all the time to notice...)

i was trying to book emerald plaza wyndham but with no luck.our budget would be arounf 150 dollars per nght and as this is the start of our honeymoon we would love some where nice.

does anyone have any information on handlery resort , how far from the gaslamp , quality etc??

thanks

I believe the Handlery is on Hotel Circle, nowhere near DT. Pray you're not there when the Padres are playing, that will only make things harder. Try both Marriotts, Convention Center and Gaslamp, Omni, Starwood's US Grant, just renovated, the Hyatt. You might find a good weekend price. San Diego is an expensive city. The most economical hotels are on Hotel Circle, but you would need a car.

Didn't know what dates to check so I just looked for checking in Aug 16 - and checking out on the 19th. Radisson downtown has a $169 rate and the Holiday Inn-Downtown has a $149 rate. I went directly to each hotel's website as they usually guarantee the lowest rate. Hope you find something and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

MarieA

Have you ever used Priceline to make an offer for a hotel in San Diego? We live here, and often, we have stayed at the Marriott Resort downtown on the waterfront for $125 or so. The Manchester Grand Hyatt is also a good place to try. Why don't you email me, and I can help you with looking for a hotel! I would definitely avoid Hotel Circle. Although there are some good hotels there, it is really off the beaten path and requires a car to get around town.

micknminy at AOL dot com

Archived