is this real?

smears

On 7/18/2022 at 10:18 PM, smears said:

Something is wrong with me. Now I'm looking at ones to Alaska. They sent me 3 offers for free rooms, 1 interior, 1 balcony and 1 oceanview and apparently I can use each one 2 times. So I could book one for next year to Alaska and it would just be the taxes like under 300 bucks. 

Seriously. Someone has to talk me down.

Seriously, from the voice of experience, if you see something you like that works for you book it!  These cruise deals can vanish.  Categories and cabin allotment can and  do sell out.   I have a b2b booked for Oct. 23 for a total of 26 days, first 10 days on an Italy, Greece and Turkey cruise followed by 16 day TA back to Miami.  It was posted for only a few days and then vanished.  So glad I booked it when I did.

• Like 1

So there's a 14 day to Alaska in September of 2023 that I can book right now for 468 bucks that includes 200 in onboard credit. Offer expires August 31st. I've got an oceanview offer and an interior offer, but the oceanview is sold out under that offer. Interior has rooms as high as empress deck. 

Someone talk me down.

I booked several cruises from super offers (with a free balcony, OV including deluxe OV) immediately after the cruise restart and thought they would never be as great since bookings have increased.  I was shocked when I recently received the same super offer (basically free great rooms) and have (again) booked several cruises from it.  So, I hope the OP takes advantage of these great offers and enjoys the cruises.  

BTW, my funny back story is before I started cruising, I had peers who would tell me about having 4-7 cruises booked at one time and a year or two in advance and I could not understand it.   Now, I think it's strange if people don't!  LOL!

There are some great offers out there, and we never know how long they will last!  So, book 'em!

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 3:12 PM, smears said:

Ok so as of right now, there are no balconies available. I can take oceanview but the only ones available are on the riviera deck. If I take an inside cabin I think I can move up quite a few decks on the ship. It's just me going and I don't particularly care so much about having a window, because I'd not be spending too much time in my cabin. I'd take a balcony because that would be an incentive to spend more time in the cabin, given that it kind of allows me to be not exactly inside the room so to speak.

So what should I do? Oceanview on the bottom of the ship? Or interior cabin closer to all the amenities? They're the same price. 

I've always booked interior rooms for 2 reasons, 1) the price is usually a bit less and 2) (more importantly) I'm kind of one of those people who doesn't really have a normal sleep schedule and being able to go into the interior room and have it completely dark is kind of nice. 

ocean view. The lower level only means you're on the elevator a little longer lol. 

1 hour ago, smears said:

I ended up booking interior on the lido deck. 

I did want to "talk you down"...unti l remember we have booked 28 days in a row of cruising in th fall of 2023 🙂 (21 of those being with Carnival).  Enjoy every moment of it :-).

Edited by Deathloks
  • Like 1