Embarkation Day: Ease of changing dining, spa, excursion reservations

lovestx

I am trying to pay it forward as others tried to answer this question for me earlier this year.

we gifted our son and daughter-in-law the Into the Midnight Sun cruise for their honeymoon. I am happy to report that after two postponements due to COVID that they embarked the Viking Venus yesterday. They arrived a bit early for the 11 a.m. embarkation time and we’re on the tendered ship by 11:45 a.m.  they reported that they were able to get all of the dining reservations they wanted (including Manfredi’s for her 30th birthday), were able to move all of their spa appointments around to include Sea Day appts., and are now #1 on the Wait List for the Orkney excursion they really want. Clearly the ship holds back some openings until embarkation days.

they are super impressed with the ship and are very excited to begin their journey. Thanks to all who have been helpful.

And fingers crossed Viking can rebook their flights home if the SAS strike continues….somehow the happy couple is blissfully unaware of the strike and I’m not telling them until absolutely necessary!

• Like 3

I am so glad to hear this..we are traveling with another couple in August (yes, just days away) and they were not able to book the Ffestinog Rail Excursion…I’m going to encourage them to try to book it as soon as they get on board! Also, as soon as the dining opened, we tried to make dining reservations, but all they had were 9:00PM time slots…too late for us! Maybe we will be able to dine at an earlier time say 7;30 or 8:00…

Im just really getting excited….

Thanks for your posting the currents news! We are boarding the Viking Mars in August and we’re hoping to change our dinner reservations and inquire about a few sold out excursions.

Happy travels to the newlyweds!

33 minutes ago, Let Me Travel! said:

they were not able to book the Ffestinog Rail Excursion…I’m going to encourage them to try to book it as soon as they get on board!

Absolutely!

At this point, they should be checking MVJ everyday looking for cancellations; they do happen especially in the Viking demographic. Viking does not keep waiting lists and it is first-come-first-served when spaces open up. Even if they can find only one seat, they should snatch it up -- unless the tour is on Day2 of the cruise because it will be too late to cancel if they don't get a second seat.

If you do get just one seat, contact Viking at tellus@vikingcruises.com and explain the situation. They may be able to get you another seat. However, keep in mind, that Viking has much less control over capacity when a train is involved than when dealing with bus or walking tours. They can't just add another railway car they way they would add another bus or another guide.