Bringing wine and bottled water onboard at embarkation

mahi mahi

40 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I hope someone will see this, without posting a separate thread.

What specific small bottles of water are included in the Beverage Package.

Are these the same filtered drinking water when you buy the water before boarding?

They are normal 500 ml bottles that you find throughout the world. The actual brand will vary, as the ship replenishes stocks during the cruise. On our last Med cruise we had Spanish, French, Italian and Greek bottled water

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:41 PM, mahi mahi said:

Thanks everyone!  I figured they might allow one bottle of wine each but the canned water is a revelation 🙂

Thanks for the heads up!  Doubt the Safeway store near our hotel stocks canned water....don't believe I have ever seen it in a supermarket!!!

Water in cans is usually flavored bubbly water like Buble.

Edited by suzyed

23 hours ago, caribill said:

From the Passage Contract:

I have never been asked to discard anything after the embarkation port.  I've never been asked to discard anything at the embarkation port either, but I'm wise to their manipulative games, although I've never seen anyone else to have been asked to discard anything either.

18 hours ago, MissP22 said:

It more like they want to eliminate people from refilling the bottles with liquor. 

That is the real reason.

For the corporation as a whole, this has been the CCL cruise line for several years.

CCL will not even allow you to bring a bottle of water back on the ship at a port call, even if it was a bottle that CCL sold you as you left the ship.

And where Princess delivers any purchased bottles of alcohol to you the last evening of the cruise so you can pack it, CCL requires you to line up to retrieve your bottles on disembarkation day morning before leaving the ship.

Of course one reason that people may prefer water and soda in bottles is that after opening the bottle and drinking part of it, the cap can be put back on and the rest of the bottle used later. Can't do that with canned water or soda.

• Like 1