Is Holland American and the Volendam "for us"?

Bluewake

We've sailed nearly 150 nights on the Volendam with cruises ranging from 14 to 44 days.  Our most recent voyage was December, 2019 to the Amazon where we got stuck on a sand bar on the Amazon River.  We love sailing on the Volendam and wouldn't hesitate sailing on it again depending upon the itinerary.  Itinerary for us is virtually always the first item on our checklist and the ship is second. I just wish the Tamarind were on the Volendam. . .

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

I agree! Prinsendam was my favorite, so now since she’s gone, the Zaandam is now my favorite. I have two cruises coming up on Zaandam and am really looking forward to it. I haven’t been on the Pinnacle ships, and the only reason I would want to is to experience the Dutch Cafe. I’ll stick with the little guys for now…

PRINSENDAM on a Trans-Atlantic was fabulous for us, but V’dam is no Prinsendam. Methinks account it’s age Volendam will be out of HAL fleet soon and so maybe a HAL newbie would enjoy a newer vessel’s Bling-bling. We do. 

On 7/16/2022 at 2:04 PM, Bluewake said:

We do appreciate speakers, stopping by the onboard stores, listening to music, and maybe a meal in a specialty restaurant.  

Personally, I'd rather do the 11-day South Caribbean sailing on the Rotterdam than a 14-day sailing on the Volendam. A lot more music and specialty restaurant options on the Rotterdam than on the Volendam. Also, more balcony rooms available. You do miss out on  Grenada and San Juan but have one fewer sea day as well.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:14 PM, Tbay said:

we would do any other cruise we would need the vaccination for.

I considered that, but on our SA cruise there was a guy who was doing it (circumnavigating SA) for the 3rd time.  Now that I've done it, I understand why.  I could be talked into going again.  🙂