Explora not doing it for this Yacht Club cruiser.

Nashna

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

I live in Miami Beach and my building overlooks many $5+ Million Dollar homes.  This gets me thinking, why fly commercial, when you can go private?  Why not charter a vessel (with crew), even up to a super yacht with friends, and split the cost?  Its like going to Casa de Campo and having a private villa with staff.  Why would you stay in the Presidential Suite, when you could live large, in a mansion?

I agree, charter a yacht if your experience is askew because of fellow passengers.

1 minute ago, Gatordad1967 said:

I agree, charter a yacht if your experience is askew because of fellow passengers.

That's the life, everything is geared to you, you get the meals you want, fully costume itinerary, YOUR personal guest list, and feeling of being part of the "jet set."  Complete this with private aviation, private luxury transfers, you'll be in a world of the hoity-toity; while avoiding the unwashed masses of the proletariat.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 6:03 PM, baelor said:

I am still confused about the lack of appeal of Explora.  Isn't the whole point that the Yacht Club experience is available to all Explora passengers, hence the quite large suites (300+ square feet) and increased cost?  Like, isn't the standard for any suite on Explora at least equivalent to the standard for YC on other ships?

Is the problem that you cannot feel superior to the unwashed poor in "steerage"?

No: It's called different market target for both ships. Entry level Explore may cost you roughly baseline YC1 prices, but from there on, it will surely to be more expensive. And even those will only have those fares for first time goers for sure...

Some Portuguese TA blogs I'm forbidden to link here in CC are currently showing cabin renderings for Explora I. WOW. Simply WOW!... The lower category ones will to be some clear notches above YC, at a competitive fare, at least for the first time goers. Simple, while luxurious at the same time. So, now the upper the category the more sophisticated they'll become! The Owners Residence seems unique, both in arts (some interesting painting in the wall and many other design objects spread out on the suite) and technology. What called immediately my attention was a massive "cinema wall" on the living room!... Surely cabins like that won't cost you what an YC cost, even if a Royal Suite!... People need to understand that YC is great, but it remains part of a mass market ship. Explora will be far superior! At the beginning I started to understand them as such an Italian Viking. I'm now more on the likes of those wondering whether they'll end up on being such an Italian Regent!...

24 minutes ago, Nunagoras said:

Some Portuguese TA blogs I'm forbidden to link here in CC are currently showing cabin renderings for Explora I. WOW. Simply WOW!... The lower category ones will to be some clear notches above YC, at a competitive fare, at least for the first time goers. 

All information of Explora 1 including dates of sailings, itineraries, prices and details about the ship (staterooms, restaurants, etc) are on the website of Explora Journeys.

Explora lowest categories Ocean Terrace Suites OT1, OT2, OT3, OT4 are similar in size , only on different decks and locations. These staterooms are almost the exact floorplan of Yacht Club Deluxe Grand Suite with a few minor differences.

1 hour ago, gkbiiii said:

That's the life, everything is geared to you, you get the meals you want, fully costume itinerary, YOUR personal guest list, and feeling of being part of the "jet set."  Complete this with private aviation, private luxury transfers, you'll be in a world of the hoity-toity; while avoiding the unwashed masses of the proletariat.

You've got style, that's what all the girls say
Satin sheets and luxuries so fine
All your suits are custom-made in London

1 hour ago, SirWolf said:

All information of Explora 1 including dates of sailings, itineraries, prices and details about the ship (staterooms, restaurants, etc) are on the website of Explora Journeys.

Explora lowest categories Ocean Terrace Suites OT1, OT2, OT3, OT4 are similar in size , only on different decks and locations. These staterooms are almost the exact floorplan of Yacht Club Deluxe Grand Suite with a few minor differences.

For certain reason; maybe because I'm speaking from Portugal which is usually among the last markets to receive some news, only today I've got right to explore Explora's full website. To say the least: The more I watch it, the more I'm convinced Explora will be a far superior product to the YC. Miles away. I can't understand why we continue discussing it as if they were the same thing on different ships!... Is there anything that is escaping me? Maybe. Just can''t see what!...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:38 PM, christa920 said:

I was on the Atlantic/Home Lines NY to Bermuda in 1987 or so.  Fabulous cruise line!!

My first cruise was on Home Lines in 1985.  I wish some line would bring back deck stewards to help you choose a deck chair to camp out in for the week.