Great private tour with Port Limon Tours - Jorge Ramirez

Gregoryfo

We took a Carnival cruise to Costa Rica and the Panama Canal.  Based on reviews here instead of doing a Carnival excursion in Costa Rica we went with Jorge Ramirez.  It was everything we like in a tour; a guide that communicates well, is passionate and knowledgeable about his city, is safe and dependable, and charges a reasonable price.  There were several options but we went with the Tortuguero Canal along with sight seeings and a few stops for fruit and shopping.  For the canal tour we had the boat to ourselves.  We saw monkeys and sloths.  He also took us to a really cool banana plantation that a friend of his is starting and we walked around there for about thirty minutes.  We mentioned that we worked for the public schools in the US and he pointed out a few of the schools and colleges that we passed as we drove around.  We got back to the ship in plenty of time.  Overall it was a great tour and next time we are in Port Limon we will definitely use Jorge again. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Good to know.  We have been to Port Limon before and have seen the canals, banana plantations, etc.  It was good but I don’t want to repeat it.  We really don’t want to be on a bus for most of the day either.  So I am thinking of contacting him to see what else is available.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is Jorges info. He will make the tour to your liking, we've used him once, my parents are using him next week, and we'll use him again in Feb. I cannot say enough about how great he is, in addition to the wonderful review above. Contact him you wont be dissapointed. 

https://www.portlimon.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...