tested positive for covid lost so much money

madster66

I really do not understand P&O right now. We were due to go on Britannia on Sunday, but today I have tested positive for Covid. I called customer services and they informed me that they would not let me travel. This was not a surprise. I have just received a cancellation invoice and P&O are keeping nearly all the money I have paid... I am so upset. We have 3 other cruises already booked which I am now going to cancel. I did not want to cancel my holiday, but am not allowed to travel and have been penalised for this ... 

Did they perhaps tthink you were cancelling for another reason other than covid?  According to their covid booking with confidence section (here https://www.pocruises.com/cruise-with-confidence/booking-with-confidence#refund), you should have been given future cruise credit and a refund of all excursions booked.  This is what happened for us last month.

Edited by rainbowdragon
Spelling update
  • Like 3

I was told on the phone i would get future cruise credit.. but that is not what the cancellation invoice i have been sent shows. i do have travel insurance with cruise cover.. but expected better from P&O . 

22 minutes ago, madster66 said:

I really do not understand P&O right now. We were due to go on Britannia on Sunday, but today I have tested positive for Covid. I called customer services and they informed me that they would not let me travel. This was not a surprise. I have just received a cancellation invoice and P&O are keeping nearly all the money I have paid... I am so upset. We have 3 other cruises already booked which I am now going to cancel. I did not want to cancel my holiday, but am not allowed to travel and have been penalised for this ... 

Of you have insurance you should not lose in money!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, madster66 said:

I was told on the phone i would get future cruise credit.. but that is not what the cancellation invoice i have been sent shows. i do have travel insurance with cruise cover.. but expected better from P&O . 

I think you are jumping the gun here. The cancellation invoice would be different from the FCC which will show up on your P&O Personaliser. 

• Like 4

P&O love to confuse us with their invoices. I paid my balance back in May. I've just been issued a new invoice to confirm Shareholder Benefit obc and this invoice suggests I haven't paid in full. I spoke to my TA and they assured me all is well and I'm fully paid up. Apparently this difference is to do with TA commission. Crazy.

31 minutes ago, madster66 said:

OK  I will calm myself down and have another chat with P&O  ..Thank you all

We had to cancel one with 24 hours notice, and FCC was available within days.

Please also come back on here with an update, let us know how you do.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, madster66 said:

OK  I will calm myself down and have another chat with P&O  ..Thank you all

P&Os IT  dept are still trying to solve the millennium bug so expecting them to be up to date is a waste of time. This problem was discussed at length at the start of covid, when lots of these standard cancellation invoices were sent out. Worry not you will get your expected FCC and a refund of any shore excursions or spec. dining booking you have made.

Reading comments elsewhere on this it seems an incorrect invoice always goes out sending people into a pannic understandingly. Some have been told to ignore that invoice as it is an automatic response. Now why everyone can't be told to ignore it beats me. Or better still fix the system so it doesn't send out incorrect invoices. 

• Like 5