MSC Grandiosa or MSC Euribia

Kbb116

Hi Everyone,

I was hoping you could provide me with some advice. I am currently booked on the Grandiosa in June of 2023 out of Southampton, traveling to Flaam, Haugesaund, Kristiansand, and Olden in a Fantastica Balcony on deck 12. I am torn between changing to the Euribia out of Copenhagen traveling to Alesund, Hellesylt/Gerainger, Flaam, and Kiel. From my research it appears that the Euribia's itinerary may be slightly better? That being said, I studied abroad in London, and would love to spend a few days there prior to the cruise.

-Do you feel that the quality of a new ship will be significantly better than that of the Grandiosa? We have the trilogy dining package booked and I'm a little bit nervous about the food in general. I know that there isn't a ton of information about the ship out at this point. We are traveling with a 6 and 8 year old, so definitely need activities for them!

-If you have been to the Fjords, do you think that the ports of the Euribia outweigh those of the Grandiosa?

-This would be for the maiden voyage of the Euribia. Is that typically a positive or negative? 

This is my first cruise, so thank you so much for your help!

We did a Fjord cruise on Virtuosa in May and have booked the same itinerary as you on Grandiosa for next May. It has 2 different ports from the one we did this year (Olden and Kristiansand). TBH we thought Norway was so beautiful that I think all the ports will be fab.

MSC have beautiful ships which they keep immaculate so that would make no difference to me, Virtuosa this year was as pristine as when we were on her first 7 night cruise last year.

One big difference that I would consider is the passengers onboard, from Southampton it's a largely British cruise whereas from Copenhagen I imagine it will be more of a mixed European crowd with multiple languages used. I don't know where you are from or if this will matter to you but I know some people don't like it. Currency onboard will be GBP from Southampton but Euros from Copenhagen. Probably a few other tweaks too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kbb116 said:

I studied abroad in London,

What was her name? 🥁🥁🛎

In all seriousness, they are sister ships. Expect very little difference. You are booked on a fantastic cruise. If I’m you, I’d keep it rather than go chasing a cruise that might be ever so slightly better. 

It may be your first cruise, but it’s unlikely to be your last. Plenty of time to visit those other ports. 

• Haha 1