NEW CDC CRUISE RULES END TO TESTING ?

morpheusofthesea

20 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Just guessing here, but I wonder if your social media group held some sort of informal Meet and Greet or other group activities.  Interesting philosophy about removing testing and vaccine requirements.  Reminds me of a former leader who posited that if we don't test for it, the number of cases will reduce or disappear entirely.

There were no official meet & greets that I recall seeing, but I did not attend any if there were. I cruised solo and was only around others in line at the buffet, on a van excursion with others from the ship and in a long line to get off the ship. There were more than just in the social media group that tested positive after the cruise, as there are on most cruises now.

As far as the Testing & Vaccine requirements, they obviously are not working currently and are a hassle & extra stress for those wanting to cruise.  I remember a leader last year saying if you get the vaccine you cannot catch or spread Covid. That has turned out to no longer be true. They need to let everyone decide for themselves as to what they feel comfortable with. 

Edited by JT1962
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, JT1962 said:

...need to let everyone decide for themselves as to what they feel comfortable with. 

Agreed!  On this and some other recent issues.

Edited by JAGR
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The changes have begun. Azamara just dropped pre-cruise testing.  Who will be next?  Hoping it's MSC.

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Azamara-drops-pre-cruise-Covid-testing

This is not really new.  NCL announced a while ago that they were dropping the test requirements.  EXCEPT:  For sailings beginning August 1, 2022, vaccinated guests sailing on a cruise originating from any port EXCEPT a U.S. port; Canadian port; or Piraeus, Greece are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements.

I think they were waiting on actions by the CDC to drop the USA requirements.  I have no idea when Canada will drop their requirement (2056???).

5 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

This is not really new.  NCL announced a while ago that they were dropping the test requirements.  EXCEPT:  For sailings beginning August 1, 2022, vaccinated guests sailing on a cruise originating from any port EXCEPT a U.S. port; Canadian port; or Piraeus, Greece are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements.

I think they were waiting on actions by the CDC to drop the USA requirements.  I have no idea when Canada will drop their requirement (2056???).

Yes, the Azamara changes are newly released.

6 hours ago, JT1962 said:

Yes, the CDC went to a voluntary program months ago, however, most, if not all, of the major cruise lines did opt in to participate in that program and we’re following the guidelines of the CDC, which required vaccines (for most) and testing to be included in their ratings.

It has been voluntary for cruises out of Florida since July 2021. I am well aware that the cruise lines voluntarily followed the guidelines anyway. I'm just pointing out that it isn't quite correct to say that it is now up to the cruise lines, as if that were not already the case to a significant degree.

Edited by publicpersona

19 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This is incorrect. Numerous ports in the Caribbean have dropped all protocols.

Here is a list of places in the Caribbean with absolutely no protocols. No vaccine requirement. No testing requirement. Wide open. The list grows daily. 

Mexico

Belize

Aruba

Bahamas

Barbados

Bonaire

Tortolla

Virgin Gorda

Curaco

Dominican Republic

Grenada

Haiti

Jamaica

Puerto Rico

Cuba

Trinidad

Tobago

These currently allow unvaccinated but require a test

US Virgin islands

St Lucia

St Vincent

St Martin

St Barts

Dominica

There are only few islands remaining that require vaccination

Grand Cayman

Turks and Caicos

Antigua

Martinique

St Kitts

https://www.travelweekly.com/Caribbean-Travel/Caribbean-readies-for-a-wave-of-reopenings

Well done!! Thank you. 

Edited by Bgwest
  • Thanks 1