What is the earliest Flight I should take after Disembarkation

CaptainBazz

What is the cruise Port and the airport?  How far to the airport from the ship?  What is the day of the week and/or the date?  Time of year or holiday?  Do you know how many other ships will be in port?  Name of your ship or at least no. of passengers also disembarking?  Can you do early walkoff.

This kind of information helps us give useful comments since they all will impact your ability to get to the airport.

43 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

My mid-day flight back to Canada has been pushed back to midnight. I can get a flight at 10.45am...but am I pushing it to get to the airport on time? I presume disembarkation will be around 8am.

Sorry guys, I thought I was on the Seattle Port site...then the site crashed and I cannot seem to edit the title.

I am disembarking at Seattle and leaving from Tacoma airport.

3 minutes ago, candydane said:

What is the cruise Port and the airport?  How far to the airport from the ship?  What is the day of the week and/or the date?  Time of year or holiday?  Do you know how many other ships will be in port?  Name of your ship or at least no. of passengers also disembarking?  Can you do early walkoff.

This kind of information helps us give useful comments since they all will impact your ability to get to the airport.

Sorry, thought I was posting on the Seattle Port site... then the site crashed and I cannot seem to edit my post.

Disembarking at Seattle and going to Tacoma. I believe it is about 30mins drive so if I disembark at 8am should be a no brainer...but just looking for actual experience from people.

13 minutes ago, CaptainBazz said:

Sorry, thought I was posting on the Seattle Port site... then the site crashed and I cannot seem to edit my post.

Disembarking at Seattle and going to Tacoma. I believe it is about 30mins drive so if I disembark at 8am should be a no brainer...but just looking for actual experience from people.

This is the West Coast departure board, which is why we asked for a bit more context 🙂

10:45 for an international flight  is really pushing it. You won't have TSA Precheck (seeing you are from Canada), and lines at Seattle-Tacoma airport (SeaTac) for non TSA precheck can be 30-45 minutes long in peak travel times. There is an option for SEA Space Saver: https://www.portseattle.org/SEAspotsaver but you're really gambling on that everything goes right. For example, when I was on the Quantum, we were supposed to start Disembarkation around 7:30am and customs delayed it for an hour. People were panicking trying to get off to make their flight. 

If you're disembarking on a Sat/Sun, then you have a better chance of getting to the airport in time for your flight. From Pier 66 it's about a 25 minute drive, from Pier 91 it is a 35 minute drive. If you're disembarking on a weekday, you are at the mercy of Seattle rush hour traffic. One accident on I5 and you're looking at 45-60 minutes+ to get to SeaTac. Assuming you're checking luggage and have to wait in line, I would check with your airline to see when the luggage cut off time is for international flights.

Me personally - with checking a bag and without having Precheck and CLEAR, I would be too stressed on the last day to attempt it for an International flight. 

Edited by psuboater

On 7/19/2022 at 6:33 PM, psuboater said:

If you're disembarking on a weekday, you are at the mercy of Seattle rush hour traffic. One accident on I5 and you're looking at 45-60 minutes+ to get to SeaTac. Assuming you're checking luggage and have to wait in line, I would check with your airline to see when the luggage cut off time is for international flights.

Me personally - with checking a bag and without having Precheck and CLEAR, I would be too stressed on the last day to attempt it for an International flight. 

So, we return to Seattle on a Monday on Quantum. Arrival back at the pier at 7am. We have a 1130am domestic from Sea-Tac. Are you a local? Looking for the fastest way to get to the airport, especially if Customs delays things. I am assuming there are taxis at the pier ready for anyone on a first come basis? If so, I imagine that is quicker than waiting on Uber. Worst case, I was thinking 1 hour to the airport so even if we get delayed until 8am on disembarking,  we would be okay. We are TSA Precheck as well.

3 hours ago, Blauelini said:

So, we return to Seattle on a Monday on Quantum. Arrival back at the pier at 7am. We have a 1130am domestic from Sea-Tac. Are you a local? Looking for the fastest way to get to the airport, especially if Customs delays things. I am assuming there are taxis at the pier ready for anyone on a first come basis? If so, I imagine that is quicker than waiting on Uber. Worst case, I was thinking 1 hour to the airport so even if we get delayed until 8am on disembarking,  we would be okay. We are TSA Precheck as well.

11:30am should be doable. There are taxis lined up at the pier, and that will be the fastest way to the airport, barring any major issues with traffic. 

• Thanks 1