FREE SPECIALTY FOOD TOUR

morpheusofthesea

We discovered by accident a free Specialty Restaurant Food tour on board the MSC Seashore. We happened to be at the Champaign Bar and asked a gentleman in a suit what was going on. Our Sailing was July 9 to 16 2022 , and this gentleman was Mustafa the director of Specialty Restaurants. He said this was only the second week. It was unadvertised and only listed in the daily program at 12:30 for one hour. Everyone really should make it a point to read the daily program. Out of 4100 passengers only 250 showed up. I believe a free glass of Champaign was included. Everyone was able to go from each Specialty Restaurant and sample their food.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

We discovered by accident a free Specialty Restaurant Food tour on board the MSC Seashore. We happened to be at the Champaign Bar and asked a gentleman in a suit what was going on. Our Sailing was July 9 to 16 2022 , and this gentleman was Mustafa the director of Specialty Restaurants. He said this was only the second week. It was unadvertised and only listed in the daily program at 12:30 for one hour. Everyone really should make it a point to read the daily program. Out of 4100 passengers only 250 showed up. I believe a free glass of Champaign was included. Everyone was able to go from each Specialty Restaurant and sample their food.

Champaign?  They gave you a tour of a college town in Illinois, and a glass of water from the town well?  Impressive?  Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, JAGR said:

Champaign?  They gave you a tour of a college town in Illinois, and a glass of water from the town well?  Impressive?  Lol

“Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination.” Mark Twain 

And if there is only one thing I have got, its imagination.

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 7/20/2022 at 2:24 AM, morpheusofthesea said:

“Anyone who can only think of one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination.” Mark Twain

Thank you for this quote :-). As I have dyslexia, this might come in handy some time when I've again made a huge spelling error.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, alohayall said:

Was this posted in the YC edition of the daily planner - or was it posted where everyone on board could see it? 

Although it was the YC edition, could it be safe to assume that it was also in the daily planner for the General Population? We did not have access to the G.P. edition. (Nice to think that only the YC had a 'heads up' to this treat). Access to the YC restaurant is really all we need.

FullSizeRender.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sealynx said:

Thank you for this quote :-). As I have dyslexia, this might come in handy some time when I've again made a huge spelling error.

To quote Robert Burns, the Scottish poet, " I pick my favorite quotations and store them...as ready armour, offensive or defensive, amid the struggle of this turbulent existence."

• Like 1

I can see it go either way - only mentioned on the YC edition or the entire ship’s version.  I think you mentioned perhaps 250 in attendance, and perhaps 300 in YC (this is based on a memory of what I read previously) - unless nearly everyone in YC were there, some of those people were probably not from YC.

I plan on doing my usual perusal of the daily planner to schedule my activities, adding an especially close look for a Food Sampling Tour.  So happy a paper version of the schedule still exists.

As I don’t expect champagne (from Champagne 😏), but Prosecco or California brut, I overlook any misspelling of the word. I am also a victim of auto-correct, so I have learned to read through and let my mind catch the meaning being conveyed.

As Diamond, not in YC, I receive a bottle of Prosecco.  Is this ship-wide, or is it actually Champagne in YC?  (As an Italian line, it really should be Prosecco).

Do we have another virtual cruise to enjoy coming soon? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, alohayall said:

As Diamond, not in YC, I receive a bottle of Prosecco.  Is this ship-wide, or is it actually Champagne in YC?  (As an Italian line, it really should be Prosecco).

Do we have another virtual cruise to enjoy coming soon? 

You are correct. It is Prosecco. We gave one bottle to our accountant and will give the other tomorrow to our TA who called today saying she is dropping off our cruise documents for our next cruise on the Seashore July 30 for another blissful week of cruising delight. Also we will give our TA the complimentary bottle of Jack Daniels and a chocolate ship and another bottle of complimentary Spumante that came with the cabin. (She needs all this fortification dealing on the phone with MSC). Thankfully the service on board is a world of difference.

Thank you for your kind words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Since this is about Specialty Foods ...When in San Juan the special of the day listed in the daily planner was Hola Tacos. From 12 pm to 3pm (Lunch) and 6pm to 10 pm (Dinner). All you can eat for $17.99. Buy one frozen margarita and get one free. Same deal when docked in St. Thomas, and again in Puerto Plata. On day 5 brunch special in Butcher's Cut. One course from the brunch menu that includes orange juice unlimited coffee or tea for $12 from 9am to 1pm. Same 5th day, All you can eat sushi for $29. Maximum stay 45 minutes ( Hit the head before you go) and additional 15% gratuity added. (No mention of gratuity added on Hola Taco or Butcher's cut).

additional info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, alohayall said:

(As an Italian line, it really should be Prosecco).

I would be quite satisfied with that as well.  But, more seriously, the lack of probable awareness by guests of an event is a "gripe" that I have with both the daily program on MSC as well as on Princess.  There is just so much to read and absorb   that most people, at turn down when the next day's programs usually appear, don't have the inclination or desire to carefully scrutinize the next day's activities.  My gosh, I get back to my stateroom for the evening late in the evening.  Am I going to carefully read these programs?  I want to get to bed not starting to read War and Peace.