Sky Princess Sanctuary

blkjac

1 hour ago, blkjac said:

Other than the cabanas are there many shaded areas in the Sanctuary onboard Sky Princess.

IMO, all of the Royal Class ships have very limited shade - unless you are well back from the window area.  If you have tried it out on any of the other ships, you probably know what I mean.

The best ships for shade are the Grand/Crown Class IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

IMO, all of the Royal Class ships have very limited shade - unless you are well back from the window area.  If you have tried it out on any of the other ships, you probably know what I mean.

The best ships for shade are the Grand/Crown Class IMO.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, because they added a hot tub smack in the center of the window area, and these odd - barely used - "conversation pit" sitting areas on either side of that, there are really only 2 regular loungers on either side of the hot tub that are fully under the covering, and 2 more that are sort of just under the edge of the covering, but they do get sun, depending on the position of the ship.

I'm attaching a couple of pictures as reference. The first includes the hot tub and the Port side of the forward Sanctuary area. You can't see the "conversation pit", but it's on the other side of the hot tub. In the second (pardon my feet) you can see the 4 loungers under cover on the Port side and a bit of the "conversation pit" to the right of the loungers.  And, again, the other side (behind the camera) is a mirror image.

Also, as others have noted, because the covering is a sort of mesh and has gaps where lashed to the struts (again, see the picture), there really is not full sun protection in the Sanctuary, except in the Cabanas.

Hope this is helpful.

IMG_20211214_111634.jpg

IMG_20211215_122834.jpg

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1