Upgrading cabins onboard

ivyleaguegent

Not that that I've ever heard of. It can happen when you arrive to check in and find you've been upgraded (which may or may not be an upgrade in your own opinion), but I don't think that happens often. (We experienced this last year when the ship was sailing pretty empty.) But I don't think there's an opportunity to swap cabins after you've already occupied one… unless there's a problem with your suite which can't be fixed. They'd need to completely clean the suite you first occupied, and deal with people hauling luggage between rooms, and they'd need to re-assign suite attendants if people were moving to new staterooms. 

2 hours ago, ivyleaguegent said:

If there are open cabins when the ship sails does Seabourn have any type of program for upgrading cabins?

If you mean free upgrade:  extremely rare.

If you mean paid upgrade:  I've heard of guests approaching the future sales rep on board - to try to bargain and strike a deal - who would then have to check with corporate, if it'd even get that far.  I don't have any data points to share, but my impression is that this is not a fruitful exercise.