Where is the best place to purchase Gems.. (rings.. amethyst .. aquamarine.. citrine)

KruznKel

Buyer beware. If you are going to buy something, buy something you like, at a price you feel is good. When it comes to precious, and most semi-precious stones, there are no "super bargains". Prices may be better than the store in your local shopping mall, but quality is sometimes less. If you are even thinking of buying something expensive, like diamonds, do your homework, and insist on a stone that is certified by GIA or AGS. There are many reputable, fairly priced diamond vendors on the internet where you can get a great stone at a fair price.

Yes, many people have gotten beautiful jewelry while in a port, that they love and feel special about. But there are many who have made a purchase and when they got home and got the peice appraised become upset and dissapointer.

Don't let the bright sunlight, nice sales people, and free rum punches convince you to purchase something you feel bad about later on.

If you need/want to get a great diamond education try www.goodoldgold.com or go to www.pricescope.com

I agree - do your homework.....

Stick with the better known stores and bargain.....offer a ridiculously low price to start.... I let my husband do this.... after I make my choice I have to walk away while he bargains as I get embarressed !!!! But he always ALWAYS gets a good deal and I get my "special souvenier" !!!!!

P.S. Try to buy as late in the day as you can.... they are more open to making a sale then....we bought my last "souvenier" 5 minutes before we had to be back on the ship :eek:

Archived