Scarlett Lady PJ Party. Some more info on this?

kwokpot

I'll be sailing for the first time on the Scarlet Lady next week (1st cruise where you don't need to Covid test!!!) and looking for more information on the PJ party. 

Most of the posted videos seem to focus on the Scarlet night events and pool party which looks like lots of fun. I have found less info about the PJ Party. From what I understand it starts off like a regular themed dance night but then the resident Drag Queen comes and does a show? Then I'm a little fuzzy about what she does after her performance within the party. Can anyone give some more information about this? What is the general difference between this and the Scarlet night pool party? Thanks for any info anyone can provide. I'm lining up all my fun clothes for this cruise!  

I sailed TSL about a month ago. There is a certain bar area outdoors where they have this party. It gets moved indoors for bad weather. It was very quiet there almost up until about 9 PM. I went back in a couple of hours, and it was pretty crowded. There was DJ music and it was loud, but not as loud as Scarlet Night. Some people had pajama outfits, but the great majority were much younger sailors than the mix of people on Scarlet Night and most did not have pajamas. It was more of a small summer dance party at a local bar. The people there seemed to be having a ball, but Im in my 60’s and felt more comfortable at the Scarlet Night festivities. The crowd for the pajama night seemed more 20’s and 30’s and I never saw the drag queen there, but did on Scarlet Night which was more of a “performance” event leading up to the dancing in the pool.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cloud9 Bob said:

I sailed TSL about a month ago. There is a certain bar area outdoors where they have this party. It gets moved indoors for bad weather. It was very quiet there almost up until about 9 PM. I went back in a couple of hours, and it was pretty crowded. There was DJ music and it was loud, but not as loud as Scarlet Night. Some people had pajama outfits, but the great majority were much younger sailors than the mix of people on Scarlet Night and most did not have pajamas. It was more of a small summer dance party at a local bar. The people there seemed to be having a ball, but Im in my 60’s and felt more comfortable at the Scarlet Night festivities. The crowd for the pajama night seemed more 20’s and 30’s and I never saw the drag queen there, but did on Scarlet Night which was more of a “performance” event leading up to the dancing in the pool.

Thanks for the information. I'll be 61 in October albeit a young at heart 61. I'm looking forward to the nightlife on this ship. I've always thought the downfall of most cruiselines is the dance parties they have and the music they have to play in order to to cater to all musical tastes. I'm not particularly interested in sailing Gay chartered cruises so hopefully the Scarlet Lady will be a good alternative. I can do without the Electric Slide or any Journey song on the dance floor.  

If it's not raining/crappy out, it's outside on deck 16 by the net (the Athletic Club) and starts at 11pm.   Most people on our voyages have worn PJs, but you'll see everything from lingerie to onesie PJs to folks in their normal clothes.  There's a DJ, and the Happenings Cast will dance/try to get everyone up and having fun.  You can dance or just people watch.  The Diva (drag queen) and/or The Hostess will do a quick performance, then it's back to party.  It goes pretty late - I think I've been up there until 2:30 on at least 1 voyage.

For inclement weather, the whole thing gets moved to the Dock House, and it is definitely a different vibe.  There's not a ton of space down there, a bottleneck to get to the 1 bar, and hot as hell and sweaty. We ended up leaving after like 5 minutes and heading over to late night drag queen bingo on the voyage we just got off of.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

For inclement weather, the whole thing gets moved to the Dock House, and it is definitely a different vibe.  There's not a ton of space down there, a bottleneck to get to the 1 bar, and hot as hell and sweaty.

That's what happened on our cruise two weeks ago. We left the Dock House to get drinks and came back after it had settled down a little bit. It was still packed and hot, but we had a great time. A wide range of ages and outfits in the crowd. My sister & I channeled our inner Helen Roper with matching mumus and fuzzy slippers. I don't remember any performances (we may have been grabbing drinks at another bar) but there was a lot of dancing. We had a blast and didn't hear the Electric Slide once. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, _tacocat_ said:

For inclement weather, the whole thing gets moved to the Dock House, and it is definitely a different vibe.  There's not a ton of space down there, a bottleneck to get to the 1 bar, and hot as hell and sweaty. We ended up leaving after like 5 minutes and heading over to late night drag queen bingo on the voyage we just got off of.

They added drag queen bingo?!?!  YASSSSSS  On our cruise last year they had bingo but it was hosted by the gamer and another guy and it was just so so.  I used to love going to drag queen bingo hosted by the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, so this is right up my alley.  

• Like 5