How to dispute final bill - credit card

doog442

We've just come off a 14 day Enchanted cruise and Princess have hit me with an unexplained credit card bill of £128....($150)

The speciality restaurants came off my credit card as separate transactions . We did two $8 coach transits from port and purchased a couple of small photos at $14.99 each....and have been charged $150

Although we kept an eye on figures during the cruise (even had a printout at one point) we kind of assumed things were going to plan.

Now the app doesn't show anything, I've received nothing from Princess as any sort of confirmation. I was tempted to pop to concierge the night before for a printout but the queue was enormous. Now I have zero evidence of 'nothing'...

No one will answer the phone (naturally) and e mails may be answered in 7 days........tempted to report this as fraud on my credit card. 

2 minutes ago, doog442 said:

We've just come off a 14 day Enchanted cruise and Princess have hit me with an unexplained credit card bill of £128....($150)

The speciality restaurants came off my credit card as separate transactions . We did two $8 coach transits from port and purchased a couple of small photos at $14.99 each....and have been charged $150

Although we kept an eye on figures during the cruise (even had a printout at one point) we kind of assumed things were going to plan.

Now the app doesn't show anything, I've received nothing from Princess as any sort of confirmation. I was tempted to pop to concierge the night before for a printout but the queue was enormous. Now I have zero evidence of 'nothing'...

No one will answer the phone (naturally) and e mails may be answered in 7 days........tempted to report this as fraud on my credit card. 

Always check your statement the night before disembarking!  This should be a golden rule on any cruise line, or hotel, etc...  You should wait a couple of days, this charge may very well drop.  It may have been some kind of hold.  If this charge does not disappear, then file a claim with your credit card.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, toofewcruises said:

Always check your statement the night before disembarking!  This should be a golden rule on any cruise line, or hotel, etc...  You should wait a couple of days, this charge may very well drop.  It may have been some kind of hold.  If this charge does not disappear, then file a claim with your credit card.

Thanks...

Edited by doog442

Usually you get an email from princess with a pdf version of your final statement from the cruise. Like mentioned above I would wait a few days because that could very well just have been a hold they did on your credit card initially and it could disappear hopefully if it's a separate charge and not included with the other things you may have possibly bought.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jeter02 said:

Usually you get an email from princess with a pdf version of your final statement from the cruise. Like mentioned above I would wait a few days because that could very well just have been a hold they did on your credit card initially and it could disappear hopefully if it's a separate charge and not included with the other things you may have possibly bought.

Looking at the credit card no evidence of an early hold other than this 'inflated bill' so may well be in there.  Simply out of interest does anyone have an idea of how much they hold?   

Also when do they usually send the final statement by email ?

To be honest the medallion was a bit of a mess. Although on a drinks package, numerous times they were writing cabin numbers as their machines wouldn't work - hence my worry!! 

40 minutes ago, doog442 said:

Looking at the credit card no evidence of an early hold other than this 'inflated bill' so may well be in there.  Simply out of interest does anyone have an idea of how much they hold?   

Also when do they usually send the final statement by email ?

To be honest the medallion was a bit of a mess. Although on a drinks package, numerous times they were writing cabin numbers as their machines wouldn't work - hence my worry!! 

Typically they put a temporary $100 hold on the credit card

@doog442, in the future no need to wait in line at Guest Services, the Medallion APP should have your account details and most ships try to have a working kiosk where you can print your current account statements. If you do not get email with your final statement details within 2 days of disembarkation, call /contact Princess.

CC holds won't show up in any final statement charge. All onboard CC holds will always linger in your CC account as pending charges, and will not be processed as an actual charge.

Now if the OP is deducing the $150.00 over charge amount based on looking only at their CC "available credit" reduction by that amount, and not a actual line item charge on their CC account then its probably just a CC hold 

Edited by srpilo